Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canvas problem on Epson R2400  (Read 2873 times)

edorm

Canvas problem on Epson R2400
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:44:35 pm »

I am brand new to printing on canvas on my new Epspon R2400. I've only printed 5 or 6 on canvas but on my first there were a half dozen very small white spots on the print. The canvas is Anasazi Canvas Premium Matte 350 11"X17". This one I printed using the regular sheet feeder. Since then I have used the front manual loader for printing on canvas. I printed three with no problems and then one with another small white spot. Any suggestions?

richs

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:50:14 pm »

What you are almost certainly seeing, is the result of very small fragments of paper adhering to the sheet when it is printed.

Later these fragments are dislodged, taking the ink with them and leaving the underlying paper exposed.

Careful brushing of the sheet before loading should fix this.

Regards,

Richard

edorm

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »

I was hoping that this was the case but not sure what to think. Is there a particular type of brush I should be using?

Thank you

What you are almost certainly seeing, is the result of very small fragments of paper adhering to the sheet when it is printed.

Later these fragments are dislodged, taking the ink with them and leaving the underlying paper exposed.

Careful brushing of the sheet before loading should fix this.

Regards,

Richard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178904\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

richs

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:23:14 pm »

I would think a new   3-4 inch synthetic bristle paint brush would do fine. They're quite soft and being synthetic, static charge buildup will help the loose particles adhere to it.

Regards,

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up