Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Processing Leaf images-L Capture/Photoshop/DNG?  (Read 1376 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Processing Leaf images-L Capture/Photoshop/DNG?
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:58:22 am »

What is the best way to process Leaf .mos files? I won't have thousands and they will all be of landscapes or images which don't feature people. Many will be composited with others.

I can open the Leaf .mos files in Leaf Capture or in Photoshop with Digital Negative converter. Those programs allow me to save the files in Photoshop format.

I am familiar with Photoshop and I would prefer to do all adjustments in that program. Leaf Capture and Digital Negative converter have lots of adjustment tools and options, most of which seem to me to have Photoshop equivalents. What do I miss out on by skipping adjustments in those programs and doing them all in Photoshop?

If the images are going to be used in PhotoShop, I assume there is no advantage in sharpening them in Leaf Capture (as well).

I repeat that I won't have large batches of files to process. I will be printing the images on paper

If L Capture or A Digital Negative converter offer advantages, which is better? I need to keep my learning time to a minimum!

I posted this topic in the Medium format Digital Backs forum and I am posting it here to get more views.

Hope you can help!
Rogerxnz
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up