Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H3DII 39 -- Shooting Past 100 Frames/Session  (Read 5679 times)

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
H3DII 39 -- Shooting Past 100 Frames/Session
« on: March 02, 2008, 07:12:52 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:47:20 am by jecxz »

elitegroup

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:13:55 am »

Question to the H3DII39 shooters: in your sessions with the camera, have you shot more than 100 shots in a row without problem?

I am asking because last night I got to around the 110th shot and the LCD would not show the captured image, just stopped. Menu worked, but would not show images on the card or captured.

Replaced battery, replaced card, formatted card new, nothing.

Found out back at hotel that the camera was taking photos just fine, but images would not appear on LCD no matter what I did (menu browse, change display settings, take new shots, changed lens, etc...). Specifically, I just fired away at the hotel lamp -- no images.

In an attempt to try anything that came to mind, I reset the back to Defaults (menu option) and the LCD started displaying images on the card and LCD (even the shots of the lamp) - so, have any of you shot past 100 frames with the H3DII39 in one session yet? Any issues? How many have you shot in one session?

Camera seems to work well now. I am wondering if it overheated and shut the LCD down?

Attached image was near my last frame.

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi jecxz,

I used the H3D-39 II recently but never shot passed 100 frames in a session. I remember only once in a 2 day location shoot the system locked up. The H3D-39 II operator said all that's needed is a quick reset and everything worked fine after that.

I believe a camera reset also resolved your problem. As you mentioned overheating sounds like a very common sense cause and effect issue concerning the LCD shut down.

Would be interested to hear what others have to say regarding the matter  
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:13:39 pm by elitegroup »

j.miller

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:40:38 am »

jecxz,
     Is it possible you had inadvertently set the display mode to off? This is accomplished by pressing the "i" (info) button on the rear of the camera back while displaying an image. In default operation, by pressing this button multiple times, you will bring the histogram, then histogram with file info, then you will turn the display off. Once the display is off, the camera will operate normally, take pictures, as well as allow menu access, however you will not see any images on the LCD while shooting.

As described above, this is only function of normal operation while shooting to a CF card, that would disable the the display of pictures on the rear LCD.

I am curious to hear your response.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Question to the H3DII39 shooters: in your sessions with the camera, have you shot more than 100 shots in a row without problem?

I am asking because last night I got to around the 110th shot and the LCD would not show the captured image, just stopped. Menu worked, but would not show images on the card or captured.

Replaced battery, replaced card, formatted card new, nothing.

Found out back at hotel that the camera was taking photos just fine, but images would not appear on LCD no matter what I did (menu browse, change display settings, take new shots, changed lens, etc...). Specifically, I just fired away at the hotel lamp -- no images.

In an attempt to try anything that came to mind, I reset the back to Defaults (menu option) and the LCD started displaying images on the card and LCD (even the shots of the lamp) - so, have any of you shot past 100 frames with the H3DII39 in one session yet? Any issues? How many have you shot in one session?

Camera seems to work well now. I am wondering if it overheated and shut the LCD down?

Attached image was near my last frame.

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:02:18 am by j.miller »

jecxz

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:20:23 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:47:40 am by jecxz »

jecxz

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:58:21 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:47:50 am by jecxz »

j.miller

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:16:31 pm »

Derek,
     I can assure you that shooting over 100 frames with an H3D / H3DII in a single session is quite common, to CF cards, tethered, and to an ImageBank II.

I was on set just yesterday where an H3DII-39 was being used on a location car shoot capturing a total of almost 1000 frames throughout the two day shoot. The majority being shot tethered to a MacPro, but at least 150 or so being shot to CF cards due to location / camera position requirements.

The H3D / H3DII is capable of shooting to various storage mediums without buffer limitation. This includes CF cards, a reasonably capable computer, or to the ImageBank II. The only limitation to the quantity of pictures you can take, is the capacity of the storage medium used.

Regards,

Jordan

One more thing: please tell me that others have shot more than 100 frames in a session with the H3DII39 (studio or landscape in the elements as I shoot, I don't care) - if you don't post here and you just read, just PM or email me please (I'll keep it private), I don't want to think (no, I won't believe it) that very few have put this camera through its paces. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Derek
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178667\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:02:06 am by j.miller »

jecxz

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 04:27:59 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:48:00 am by jecxz »

jecxz

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 04:30:25 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:48:09 am by jecxz »

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 05:12:16 pm »

If the problem consistently occurs around ~110 image, that sounds like a memory card issue.  Maybe the card has a bum block, or maybe H3DII firmware can't read beyond X GB for the image previews.  Obviously the camera can write the images, but I'm think maybe somebody needs to the update the firmware code so the back can read & display images written beyond X GB.  I'm just guessing...  Try opening a trouble ticket with Hass to see what they have to say.

jecxz

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 05:21:07 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:48:18 am by jecxz »
Pages: [1]   Go Up