Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z310 24" Paper Ripple with new print head  (Read 1932 times)

Harris

Z310 24" Paper Ripple with new print head
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:58:13 am »

I print mosly in B & W - had to replace a leaking black print head.  Have been using a photo luster 250 gm paper for some time and never had problem with it before.  However, after new print head installed it appears to be laying down more black than before which I believe is causing a ripple effect in the paper.

I love resulting print but do not know how to resolve the heavy ripple  on the paper which makes it difficult to mat and frame.  

Initially thought (hoped) it was because the paper was from an old stock but had same result  when used paper from a new pack.  Also thought humidity might be cause so allowed it to dry in a different location - however same result which seems to take start within 5 minitutes after print comes out of printer.

It did not occur when I did a a calibration of the paper which of course dealt with all colors.

Has anyone had a similiar problem and any suggestions on how to deal with it.  BTW, occurs on sheet paper 18 x 24 but not on smaller sizes of same paper.

Also, any suggestions on where to purchase inks and print heads.

Harris

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:01:29 am »

I haven't seen any such problems, and I used Epson premium luster paper for a while for black & white prints. It might be worth re-profiling the paper using a media setting that lays down less ink; just a thought.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:06:43 am »

Luster generally means RC and I've not seen where ink load would cause this effect on RC.  

By ripple do you mean a curl to the paper?  I'm trying to imagine what would cause a ripple unless the paper isn't being fed properly but you don't mention any skew.
Regards,
Ron

Harris

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:17:52 pm »

It is not a curl - the paper will not lay flat - it has high places on it - best I can describe it it is like a calm flowing sea.  I will try and re-profile it and see what happens.  Will also see what happens with other paper when I get a chance and  will post results.

Thanks for imput.

Harris
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 03:51:30 pm by Harris »

Harris

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 03:50:46 pm »

It is not a curl - the paper will not lay flat - it has high places on it - best I can describe it it is like a calm flowing sea.  I will try and re-profile it and see what happens.  Will also see what happens with other paper when I get a chance and  will post results.

Thanks for imput.

Harris
Pages: [1]   Go Up