Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Noise Software?  (Read 2846 times)

shutter2

Which Noise Software?
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:11:45 pm »

I am interested in obtaining opinions on “noise” software. I have currently downloaded 3 programs on a trial basis:

Noise Ninja
Dfine 2
Noiseware Professional

I gather Noise Ninja is a favorite but as far as I can tell does not use PS Layers, whereas the other two do. I think this is an advantage. Also, the UI on Define 2 seems to be excellent and allows very precise selection within the photo.
This is probably very subjective, and as far as I can tell all do a good job.

I would very much appreciate opinions from users as to pros and cons.
Thanks
Ed

Using:
PS CS3
Win XP
Lightroom 1.1
D300

DarkPenguin

Which Noise Software?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 07:48:59 pm »

Try them out and see what is best.  They are all good.

I use Neat Image.  It is also very good.

KeithR

Which Noise Software?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:17:26 pm »

I am interested in obtaining opinions on “noise” software. I have currently downloaded 3 programs on a trial basis:

Noise Ninja
Dfine 2
Noiseware Professional

I gather Noise Ninja is a favorite but as far as I can tell does not use PS Layers, whereas the other two do. I think this is an advantage. Also, the UI on Define 2 seems to be excellent and allows very precise selection within the photo.
This is probably very subjective, and as far as I can tell all do a good job.

I would very much appreciate opinions from users as to pros and cons.
Thanks
Ed

Using:
PS CS3
Win XP
Lightroom 1.1
D300
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178332\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use Noise Ninja as a plug-in in CS3 and if you duplicate the backgound you will be working on a seperate layer. As for selective work, that also is available by using brushes. As a side note, I notice that you have listed LR 1.1. I would suggest upgrading to the latest version-1.3 and make sure you also update Camera Raw and Bridge. All of these are free downloads through Adobe.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

shutter2

Which Noise Software?
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 09:04:01 pm »

I use Noise Ninja as a plug-in in CS3 and if you duplicate the backgound you will be working on a seperate layer. As for selective work, that also is available by using brushes. As a side note, I notice that you have listed LR 1.1. I would suggest upgrading to the latest version-1.3 and make sure you also update Camera Raw and Bridge. All of these are free downloads through Adobe.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178346\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Keith,
My mistake - I just type too fast.   I do have LR 1.3 and the latest Raw and Bridge. Duplicating the background is something I missed using Ninja.

Carl Harsch

• http://www.ohenry.smugmug.com
Which Noise Software?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:21:54 pm »

I used to use NeatImage.  Tried Noise Ninja and Noiseware for about a week.  Bought Noiseware.  I just liked the way it handled things and the results that I was getting better than the other two.  (Have never played with DFine, so no comment)

walter.sk

Which Noise Software?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 09:43:31 pm »

I've used Noise Ninja and Neat Image, and prefer Noise Ninja.  The results of the two are about the same quality, but I prefer the Noise Ninja interface, and have an easier time getting good results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up