Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I sell my broken Epson 2200  (Read 2257 times)

misterpatrick

Should I sell my broken Epson 2200
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:01:02 pm »

Hello all,

well the new 3800 arrived today and I am having some fun. Now I need to figure out what to do with the broken 2200. Here's the deal. There is something from somewhere - the printer insists that the black ink is out even when it's not. It's one of their pro printers so you can get it fixed for $250. In fact, I had that done last year and they just replaced the printer so this new one is less than a year old. But, it's still broken.

So I am wondering if I should eBay it. I figure if I list it for $50 someone might interested as the accessories like the roll cutter or even getting the printer fixed. Maybe I should just sell the roll cutter. In any case, I am looking for some thoughts on whether I should go through the hassle of listing it. Normally I'd just go ahead and do it but I'd need to go and find a big enough box and pack it up etc etc.

You get the picture.

So what would you do if you were in my shoes. Thanks!

picnic

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:59:36 pm »

Hello all,

well the new 3800 arrived today and I am having some fun. Now I need to figure out what to do with the broken 2200.
You get the picture.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178301\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get the picture LOL.  I got my 3800 Dec. 2006 and it replaced my 2200--but---mine still works.  I'm in an even better position than you--mine functions fine---but I haven't been able to get my act together to sell it either.  I know I wouldn't do it for $50.  If you can sell it locally--then I think its viable.  If you have to ship---I doubt I would consider it.  

I do wonder what has gone wrong with 2 of them with same problem.  I had my 2200 for a number of years and switched blacks more often than I should have and never had a problem.  

If I were you, I'd probably just ignore it LOL--and enjoy the 3800.

Diane

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:17:52 pm »

Hello all,

well the new 3800 arrived today and I am having some fun. Now I need to figure out what to do with the broken 2200. Here's the deal. There is something from somewhere - the printer insists that the black ink is out even when it's not. It's one of their pro printers so you can get it fixed for $250. In fact, I had that done last year and they just replaced the printer so this new one is less than a year old. But, it's still broken.

So I am wondering if I should eBay it. I figure if I list it for $50 someone might interested as the accessories like the roll cutter or even getting the printer fixed. Maybe I should just sell the roll cutter. In any case, I am looking for some thoughts on whether I should go through the hassle of listing it. Normally I'd just go ahead and do it but I'd need to go and find a big enough box and pack it up etc etc.

You get the picture.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178301\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have any relatives or friends who've wanted a solid inkjet printer like the 2200 but weren't up to paying the price for one?  You could give it away to a good home like that for someone who was willing to pay the $250 to get it fixed.  It would be a bargain for them and you'd feel good about encouraging them.
Regards,
Ron

misterpatrick

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »

I do wonder what has gone wrong with 2 of them with same problem.  I had my 2200 for a number of years and switched blacks more often than I should have and never had a problem. 

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178313\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, it was two different problems. The first one would occasionally go crazy and spew ink everywhere. Maybe I'll just sell the roll-cutter. There are people out there with broken ones I'm sure I also have to sell all the ink I have. Thanks for the thoughts. It is kind of a weird problem, I have to just ditch it but really don't want to deal with the hassle of selling it.

picnic

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 10:41:45 pm »

Have any relatives or friends who've wanted a solid inkjet printer like the 2200 but weren't up to paying the price for one?  You could give it away to a good home like that for someone who was willing to pay the $250 to get it fixed.  It would be a bargain for them and you'd feel good about encouraging them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178315\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's a good idea.  We've given working printers to Habitat for Humanity in the past, but someone may want a good photo printer for the repair price.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up