Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which lens for my new pentax k20d  (Read 1850 times)

mattpallante

which lens for my new pentax k20d
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:36:13 pm »

Brown delivers my new Pentax K20d tomorrow! I have a DA 16-45 and 50-200, which I've been using on my K10d. I don't have the $ for the new 21mm pancake. Should I wait to regenerate some more cash so I can buy the 21mm, or is an older 24mm or 28mm traditional lens a viable option? What differences in image quality/characteristics am I likely to see between these two options, with the new camera? Thanks for any ideas and knowledge you can send my way...Matt

tsjanik

which lens for my new pentax k20d
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:45:51 pm »

Brown delivers my new Pentax K20d tomorrow! I have a DA 16-45 and 50-200, which I've been using on my K10d. I don't have the $ for the new 21mm pancake. Should I wait to regenerate some more cash so I can buy the 21mm, or is an older 24mm or 28mm traditional lens a viable option? What differences in image quality/characteristics am I likely to see between these two options, with the new camera? Thanks for any ideas and knowledge you can send my way...Matt
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178104\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well if cost is an issue and image quality is a goal, I'd suggest any of the SMC 50mm lenses,  in any of the flavors (M42, K, M, F, FA).   The newer versions will be easier to use, but the older (M42, K , M zmd A) are soild mechanical beauties and a joy to handle.  For a bit more, you might also consider the FA 35mm for about $300 in the US.
Pages: [1]   Go Up