Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: llford Gold Fibre Silk amd the r2400  (Read 4295 times)

idenford

llford Gold Fibre Silk amd the r2400
« on: February 25, 2008, 06:42:39 pm »

I am having difficulty with finding the paper after I select Premium Semi Gloss Best Photo in Lightroom, which is the paper choice Ilford says to use for Gold Silk Fibre.
I downloaded all the profiles, I installed them, I choose Manual Roll in Page set up, then when I go to print in Print Settings, the profile is not there for me to choose.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated, I have an intel Mac and all drivers are up to date from Epson.

francois

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 03:42:28 am »

I am having difficulty with finding the paper after I select Premium Semi Gloss Best Photo in Lightroom, which is the paper choice Ilford says to use for Gold Silk Fibre.
I downloaded all the profiles, I installed them, I choose Manual Roll in Page set up, then when I go to print in Print Settings, the profile is not there for me to choose.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated, I have an intel Mac and all drivers are up to date from Epson.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177365\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You don't set the profile in Print Settings but in the Print Job tab. If the Ilford profile is not available then you'll need to add it (look at the line with Profile: in it. Click and choose Other… in the pop-up menu).

Let me know if it helps.
Francois

idenford

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:41:52 pm »

You don't set the profile in Print Settings but in the Print Job tab. If the Ilford profile is not available then you'll need to add it (look at the line with Profile: in it. Click and choose Other… in the pop-up menu).

Let me know if it helps.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

According to Ilford's site I use a different profle, Semi gloss Best Photo, for the r2400. I did not get the same choice in Print Settings and the print I made failed halfway through the printing. I got a communication error. I tried again and it did not work at all. I see you use the 3800. Perhaps the 2400 is not able to print this paper?
So frustrated. The paper choice I use in Lightroom has to match the paper choice in print setting,s otherwise I get a communication error and waste a whole piece of paper.

idenford

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:10:57 am »

Problem solved. I was using the wrong ink cartridge in the printer. I had the matte black loaded, and should have switched over to the photo black. Then I get the profiles I need on print settings to work with the profile on lightroom.
Another flaw in the Epson Printers where you can easily forget to change blacks

francois

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:29:32 am »

Problem solved. I was using the wrong ink cartridge in the printer. I had the matte black loaded, and should have switched over to the photo black. Then I get the profiles I need on print settings to work with the profile on lightroom.
Another flaw in the Epson Printers where you can easily forget to change blacks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177946\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry to be late to the party but I'm glad to read that your problem is solved.

This is indeed true, paper choice depends on which one of the matte or photo black cartridge is installed in the printer. In the case of the 3800, both cartridges are installed at the same time.
Francois

idenford

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:01 pm »

Sorry to be late to the party but I'm glad to read that your problem is solved.

This is indeed true, paper choice depends on which one of the matte or photo black cartridge is installed in the printer. In the case of the 3800, both cartridges are installed at the same time.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177973\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, are you saying that you do not have to change blacks on the 3800? I thought all epson printers had changeable blacks which have to be done manually prior to printing?

francois

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 03:46:48 am »

Sorry, are you saying that you do not have to change blacks on the 3800? I thought all epson printers had changeable blacks which have to be done manually prior to printing?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Both blacks (matte & photo) are installed at the same time in the 3800. But when you switch from one type of paper to the other, the printer starts to purge the ink circuit and chooses the appropriate black cartridge. It takes about 2 minutes and you loose some ink in the process.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:54:15 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up