Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent - H1/H2 Owners  (Read 8443 times)

amsp

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 08:07:34 pm »

That really says it all.

Nick-T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177374\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Oh, so that just negates everything else I said? I used to be a hassie owner and I could see myself buying one again. I have no loyalty to one brand over the other, I buy whatever brand I feel gives me the most for my hard earned cash. But hassie's treatment of their customers lately has scared me off for now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you are going to reply to my post you should at least have something to say on the matter. Blindly defending a corporation just because you happen to have bought one of their product won't do you or other customers any good in the long run.

Personally I want to see a vibrant MF market with as many players as possible for us users to choose from. But I also want to see them respecting their customers and the large investment they have made into their products, that goes for all of them.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 01:15:21 am »

Steve,

I did register the bodies I currently own. I planned on buying some more bodies but should I at this moment? I know for sure I will be selling some bodies in the future, what do you think just happened to the sales value of H1/H2 equipment?

I applaud you and the others that have requested for the transferrability of the vouchers, I sure hope we will get it. I don't dare to hold my breath for it.

The thing that saddens me most is that I really like the H equipment and I love working with it, despite Hasselblads efforts to scare me away from them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 02:36:15 am by Dustbak »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 03:43:02 am »

To me, there's no reason for anyone who owns an H1/H2 camera not to do this.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No there is not.

I have owned Merc and BMWs (simlilar premium brands?) and without doing it they seem to manage to send me thier magazine(s) and know the warranty status of my motor(s)

It just shows a disorganisation at Blad

S
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:43:23 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

godtfred

• http://
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 06:38:22 am »

Axel:

I (and others) have requested that these vouchers be transferrable. As of now, they are not, but my hope is that they change this.

In the meantime, since you own an H2 camera, then what is the big deal about registering it? Just go and register it. Why should they offer this to any (non-registered) user? There is a significant cost to this offer incurred by Hasselblad. They want the customer information. In essence they're paying you to spend a few minutes registering your product. To all H1/H2 users they already have committed to a minumum 10 years service and support from purchase date. 

These extras benefits (which are not cheap) are for taking the time to register your product.

The only issue I see is that it's not a transferrable voucher. That's being asked for, and hopefully Hasselblad will make that adjustment. Perhaps it is not transferrable for now because that eliminates the time sensitivity of the registration process (and as a result -  compliance). Maybe after this period goes by, they'll change the policy.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Steve:

You do know you are replying to a posting by Dustbak, yet using my name....  

I have no issues with registering again, I only wanted to point out to everyone that even though you are registered already (and have recieved a voucher) you may not be "in the system". I plan on re-registering today, so I'm both in the system and have my printed vouchers.  

-axel
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:40:09 am by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 08:29:21 am »

I noticed as well. Steve probably knows my name is Ray and made a mistake
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:18:40 am by Dustbak »

godtfred

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:11 am »

I noticed this text while re-entering my H2 bodies into hasselblads online registration system:

"To activate your voucher, please contact your Hasselblad dealer."

It states this in the confirmation part of the process (step 4), about in the middle of the text.

Now I'm wondering if I need to talk to my dealer as well to get this thing settled and be safe in my ownership of the Hasselblad products? (Or am I just being thick here    )

[attachment=5303:attachment]

The thing that saddens me most is that I really like the H equipment and I love working with it...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177427\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
+11ty billion, despite all the negative comments on the H-system, when it works, it works really well. And my new H2 is really doing its job along with the glass I have learned to love (not everyones cup of tea, I know...)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:15:40 am by godtfred »
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2008, 09:34:22 am »

I noticed as well. Steve probably knows my name is Ray and made a mistake
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177474\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Axel and Ray - sorry for the mixeup. Typing too fast, thinking too slow.

Regarding the value - I think if anything, this may raise the value of a registered H1/H2 in the future, particularly in light of trade-in values. But I don't expect it to have much of an effect on values of non-registered/vouchered H1/H2's, in terms of lowering them - at least in the short term. 7 - 10 years down the line, perhaps.

Still, I'm hoping they adjust the transferrability policy at some point.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Bernd B.

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 10:23:22 am »

I have to agree with most of the posters here, even though I'm not an H-user I used to love the hasselblad brand and the 500-series cameras. But with the launch of the H-series the company has made mistake after mistake which customers keep paying for. If I had trusted hasselblad and bought an H1 or H2 I'd be furious right now. The whole "forcing you to upgrade strategy", and now the serious devaluation of their own products, makes me REAL HAPPY I went with Mamiya and P1.

I'm NOT saying this to bash Hassie, but because I believe in customer care and the freedom of choice for us photographers, and because it saddens me to see such a great brand loose it's way.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177362\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would rather say Hasselblad started making mistakes in the nineties, when turnarround times for repairs were weeks. I had a case where a camera was away for maybe a month because of a dead new accu for my 500ELX (they wouldn´t replace the accu until I´d send them the camera) and when it came back my beautiful cameras battery case cap (not as small as a coin but about 2x5 inches and part of the chrome finnish camera body) had been switched for a scratched old one, which they refused to switch back, as they did of course no mistakes there. That was in 1995.

I remember an older dealer complaining about tighening sales conditions for dealers to an extent where he had the impression he is no longer wanted as a dealer. That was in 1998. Hasselblad was totally down at this time.

My actual experiences with Hasselblad´s repair service is totally different: a 60mm C lens: unrepairable, but back after three days. A free firmware update for my H1: back after three days. A appreciate that and think that´s really professional.

Bernd

P.S.: The Phocus introduction in Frankfurt tomorrow was just cancelled. That was already for the second time. The next is planned for march 20th.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:26:18 am by Bernd B. »

erick.boileau

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 10:46:52 am »

is it the same for Hasselblad Europa  ? I cannot find it on Hasselblad France
I am using a H1
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:48:59 am by erick.boileau »

erick.boileau

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 10:50:10 am »