Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent - H1/H2 Owners  (Read 8410 times)

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:18:36 am »

I sent this out to my customers today:

If you receive this email (and you may receive it more than once), it’s because you may have a Hasselblad H1 or H2 camera. If you do, you absolutely need to go to Hasselblad’s website BEFORE February 29, and register for the Hasselblad Customer care Program.

This program provides several benefits to H camera users:

*Guarantees a fixed $1,349 cost for complete refurbishment of your H camera any time between now and December 31, 2011.
*Qualifies you for a very favorable upgrade/trade-in program (even if you have a Leaf/Phase/Sinar digital back on your H camera).
*Qualifies you for a guaranteed replacement of your H camera in the event of catastrophic failure for at least 5 years.

The Hasselblad Customer Care Program provides a minimum of 10 years support from time of purchase on any H1 or H2 camera. Being an owner of an H1 or H2 camera automatically qualifies you for this support. However, the above extras are not guaranteed unless you register by February 29, 2008 (this Friday). You should do it today.

I highly recommend you to register your H camera and qualify for this program. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. This does not apply to H1D, H2D, H3D customers, only H1/H2 camera users.

Here's the URL:

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/hcare

Please call me with any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Steve Hendrix
Www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 11:43:17 am »

Steve,

Is the Customer Care voucher transferable? For us that need to use H1 or H2. We are now depending on the secondhand market mostly.

If I would buy a H1/H2 as a backup for one of my backs can I take over the voucher as well?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:43:37 am by Dustbak »

pprdigital

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:07:40 pm »

Steve,

Is the Customer Care voucher transferable? For us that need to use H1 or H2. We are now depending on the secondhand market mostly.

If I would buy a H1/H2 as a backup for one of my backs can I take over the voucher as well?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177259\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm told at this time it is not.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:19:23 pm by pprdigital »
Steve Hendrix

Boris_Epix

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:03:44 pm »

Ok,

People that are close to me know that I was not exactly a fan of Hasselblad since they closed out the other back manufacturers and honestly even before that I thought that 6x6 is just for lazy guys that like to waste film. Mamiya RZ67 is where my love was and is.

Now again it's obvious that Hasselblad follows some questionable (idiotic) paths.

Hasselblad, why would you send out a mail on 25th Februar 2008 (yes I received it multiple times) if people need to sign up until 29th Feb 2008 at the latest? Can't you see why people feel screwed?

Keep your mirror-slapping unergonomic, ugly color producing H1/H2/H3/H4/H5/whatever comes before your arrogant now marketing-driven company dies.

Customers will not accept this lack of respect and screwing around forever.

HASSELBLAD CUSTOMER CARE program. Yes. My ar$e. Call it SCREW EXISTING CUSTOMERS PROGRAM - because that's what it is.

You only get it if you're signing up in the next 4 days.

Bad luck for you if you're on vacation, honeymoon, shooting abroad, in the hospital or not registered with Hasselblad.

For reference:
http://www.hasselblad.com/hcare

Nick-T

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:28:06 pm »

Hasselblad, why would you send out a mail on 25th Februar 2008 (yes I received it multiple times) if people need to sign up until 29th Feb 2008 at the latest? Can't you see why people feel screwed?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually this program was announced in November of last year.. Steve's post was about the reminder that Hasselblad sent out..

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 02:36:36 pm »

You are right about that. It has been advertised before but I still feel this is not really customer friendly.

I do feel kind of left in the cold by Hasselblad. I own 2 Hasselblad backs of which one of them is a current model CF39.

I can only use H1/H2 but have to revert to the second hand market to get one. From the 29th of February I can buy one backup second hand but are no longer entitled to the customer care program, even if the previous owner did apply for it? See what this will do for the ability to sell your H1/H2.

Why use this voucher system in the first place? Just pick a date 5 years from now and say, 'Any H1/H2 will get this kind of treatment regardless'. That sounds more like customer care to me.

It is not like we get a personalized offer to trade in our H2CF39 combinations for a good deal or something? What is the use of registering in that case?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:40:51 pm by Dustbak »

godtfred

• http://
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:58:13 pm »

I registered both my nearly new H2 bodies a couple of months back, and have printed the vouchers. Now when I check the www.hasselblad.com/hcare website for products registered to me, it gives me nothing...

Am I in the program, or is it as Boris_Epix states above, if I don't register again within the 4 day window, I'm screwed...  
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 03:41:28 pm »

It does show my bodies & backs. You have printed the vouchers so you are probably safe for those bodies.

They will be more difficult to sell though and you will have lesser value bodies when you buy after the 29th.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 04:18:41 pm »

how does this work for non USA people

Is there another website

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

pprdigital

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 04:32:42 pm »

I registered both my nearly new H2 bodies a couple of months back, and have printed the vouchers. Now when I check the www.hasselblad.com/hcare website for products registered to me, it gives me nothing...

Am I in the program, or is it as Boris_Epix states above, if I don't register again within the 4 day window, I'm screwed... 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177309\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Axel:

As long as you have the vouchers, you're registered, so hold onto those vouchers. If you'll forward the camera model (H1 or H2), the serial #'s, and the email address you registered with, I can confirm for you that Hasselblad shows you as registered for the program.

Morgan:

As far as I know, this is an international program. You can see the Customer Care link on the general www.hasselblad.com website, which is not USA-only. I am only responsible for communicating the program to users who have purchased from the United States (and from PPR, of course). The information I've provided is from the Hasselblad USA site.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 04:39:06 pm »

how does this work for non USA people

Is there another website

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177327\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

found it on the UK site but it crapped out at stage 3

clearing cookies and trying again

waste of time they could just keep  good records of thier sales and service

they are just doing this to get customer information they should already have !

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 04:47:53 pm »

That is what I figured as well. I already registered 3 times, every back & body I own is known. The only thing I receive is the same kind of general marketing stories 3 times over.

What is the point of having all these details when You don't address people on a more personal note?

Offer me something that is interesting to me. They know what I do, where I do it and with what I do it. They surely must have some idea what I would be looking at next.

The only thing I get is general marketing crap and pushed towards a road to nowhere with every output some marketing nitwit at Hasselblad is coming up with!

I get 3 emails everytime but, I still haven't received a RMA number for the thin grey line in my CF39, I still haven't received anything on my requests of the possibilty of upgrading my 384 towards CF22MS (sorry bought someones 528 now).

If Hasselblad really wants this information, start using it and give us the feeling that we are actually cared for.

Again, real customer care is simply making the statement that every H1/H2 will be taken care of (until .....'date'....).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 04:51:21 pm by Dustbak »

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 04:56:28 pm »

i am always amazed, what hasselblad customers have to take up with...for me another reason not to like the H
-------------------------
[url=http://ww

pprdigital

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 05:01:46 pm »

found it on the UK site but it crapped out at stage 3

clearing cookies and trying again

waste of time they could just keep  good records of thier sales and service

they are just doing this to get customer information they should already have !

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many users never register their product. They certainly want the customer records, and this is one way to incentivise users to provide it. In rerturn, you get:

*5 year guaranteed replacement in case of catastrophic damage.
*Very generous trade-in program.
*Fixed $1,349 for complete refurbishment of product good through end of 2011.

To me, there's no reason for anyone who owns an H1/H2 camera not to do this.

Would it be nice if Hasselblad's communications were more personalized? Sure, but I don't think that's an issue confined to Hasselblad.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 05:08:13 pm »

I agree with you on that part Steve but that should not be a reason not to try. Again why obtain a database with our email addresses, equipment, field of work and not use it? It is not that hard to make packages based upon these parameters (maybe I am biased since this is the thing I have been working on in my previous career).

To call something customer care while it is actually a setup to get more details from H1/H2 users has nothing to do with customer care IMO.

The thing which was a better way of doing it (IMO naturally) was the deal of registering at Hasselblad  and receiving a discount on a lens. They should have prolonged that thing.

What will happen with all the not registered H1/H2's? Why create the differentiation between registered but not transferrable (at least not the support voucher) bodies and others? They effectively lower the value on our equipment by doing it this way. So naturally I cannot be happy with this. I believe no H1/H2 user can.

I believe Hasselblad should offer this:

To any H1/H2 unit currently in the field.

With these offers I would be more than happy to register any body I will buy after the 29th for my  lovely CF39. Oh no... these bodies do not apply..

Effectively Hasselblad is selling a back that you cannot buy a Hasselblad body for (at least not new). If you happen to find one second hand, after the 29th it is severely devaluated. Sorry but this is really pissing me off!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:25:48 pm by Dustbak »

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 05:20:34 pm »

Perhaps they are taking an inventory of customers to help direct marketing and sales efforts.

pprdigital

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 05:42:24 pm »

I agree with you on that part Steve but that should not be a reason not to try. Again why obtain a database with our email addresses, equipment, field of work and not use it? It is not that hard to make packages based upon these parameters (maybe I am biased since this is the thing I have been working on in my previous career).

To call something customer care while it is actually a setup to get more details from H1/H2 users has nothing to do with customer care IMO.

The thing which was a better way of doing it (IMO naturally) was the deal of registering at Hasselblad  and receiving a discount on a lens. They should have prolonged that thing.

What will happen with all the not registered H1/H2's? Why create the differentiation between registered but not transferrable (at least not the support voucher) bodies and others? They effectively lower the value on our equipment by doing it this way. So naturally I cannot be happy with this. I believe no H1/H2 user can.

I believe Hasselblad should offer this:

To any H1/H2 unit currently in the field.

With these offers I would be more than happy to register any body I will buy after the 29th for my  lovely CF39. Oh no... these bodies do not apply..

Effectively Hasselblad is selling a back that you cannot buy a Hasselblad body for (at least not new). If you happen to find one second hand, after the 29th it is severely devaluated. Sorry but this is really pissing me off!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Axel:

I (and others) have requested that these vouchers be transferrable. As of now, they are not, but my hope is that they change this.

In the meantime, since you own an H2 camera, then what is the big deal about registering it? Just go and register it. Why should they offer this to any (non-registered) user? There is a significant cost to this offer incurred by Hasselblad. They want the customer information. In essence they're paying you to spend a few minutes registering your product. To all H1/H2 users they already have committed to a minumum 10 years service and support from purchase date.  

These extras benefits (which are not cheap) are for taking the time to register your product.

The only issue I see is that it's not a transferrable voucher. That's being asked for, and hopefully Hasselblad will make that adjustment. Perhaps it is not transferrable for now because that eliminates the time sensitivity of the registration process (and as a result -  compliance). Maybe after this period goes by, they'll change the policy.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix

samuel_js

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 05:57:29 pm »

Te best thing to do for every pissed off H1/H2 user right now is to change platform and stop complaining.
I'm an H2 user and I'm pissed off. I've been very disappointed for a long time and I'm still working with my H2 because despite of Hasselblad as company, it's a beautiful tool that produces very nice images. As simple as that. But, for me, a camera is only that, a tool, and I'm pretty confident I can produce the same results with any DB or camera. That's why I'm switching to the new Phase One camera when it's out. Phase Camera and Phase back. And Hasselblad will be history for me. And I really don't have any headache about this hass-mess. I registered because is the best thing to do as a H2 user, the only remaining question is how long I'll be using their products.

/Samuel

amsp

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 06:31:04 pm »

I have to agree with most of the posters here, even though I'm not an H-user I used to love the hasselblad brand and the 500-series cameras. But with the launch of the H-series the company has made mistake after mistake which customers keep paying for. If I had trusted hasselblad and bought an H1 or H2 I'd be furious right now. The whole "forcing you to upgrade strategy", and now the serious devaluation of their own products, makes me REAL HAPPY I went with Mamiya and P1.

I'm NOT saying this to bash Hassie, but because I believe in customer care and the freedom of choice for us photographers, and because it saddens me to see such a great brand loose it's way.

Nick-T

Urgent - H1/H2 Owners
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »

I have to agree with most of the posters here, even though I'm not an H-user

That really says it all.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up