Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two P30+ RAW files  (Read 5077 times)

Boris_Epix

Two P30+ RAW files
« on: February 23, 2008, 04:24:46 pm »

Just in case anyone is interested to download two RAW files from the PhaseOne P30+ you can go ahead here:

Link to P30+ RAW files

It's 67 MB and the link will work 7 days or for 100 downloads.

The files are from a test I did with a Wolford model this morning. One shot is indoor and intentionally underexposed to see how the shadows work out when yanked up.

The other shot is outside shot with an Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed and a 70cm Beautydish.

To be honest I see little progress since the P25 and the colors still require to much tweaking and local adjusting (after selection on several layers).

You may also see that the models legs are more red than her face and upper body.

Maybe I'm going to upload more RAW files if this thread stays friendly and productive.

I could imagine that some folks want to play around with the file and retouch it to their taste. Feel free to post it back in this thread for others to see but please honor my copyright otherwise.

Cheers
Boris

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 05:04:56 pm »

Hi Boris,
Thanks for the files.    I downloaded them and took a look.   I see what you meant about the model's legs looking a different color, but this might be how she really was especially if it was a bit cold out.

So dunno about the p30+ but that 35mm lens seems like its doing the job.

Eric

Just in case anyone is interested to download two RAW files from the PhaseOne P30+ you can go ahead here:
Cheers
Boris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176931\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Rolleiflex USA

TMARK

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:22:30 am »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:16:32 pm by TMARK »

marcmccalmont

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:18:28 pm »

Looks similar to my P30 files
1. Focus fixer
2. a bit too much green used a curve to reduce
3. skin tones way off, reduced yellow and added magenta
4. ran a purple fringe action
Marc

[attachment=5265:attachment]
Marc McCalmont

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:44:34 pm »

Faces, hands and legs can always be expected to be a different color. Makeup on the legs is a known solution. I suspect the way this problem is magnified with digital has something to do with IR sensitivity.

Edmund
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:47:39 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

NikonMike

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 09:11:34 pm »

I really appreciate your posting of raw originals, it's a rare opportunity to judge real quality delivered by this kind of gear (for a "lurker" in this forum, anyway). Post more, please, I definitely like the subject  .

Indoor shot comes to life nicely after a simple +1 EV correction in Lightroom, shadows don't seem to show any appreciable noise.

I agree with other posters that the inconsistent skin color is not the equipment's "fault" here...

BTW - what camera are you using? Can't see that in EXIF data.

Thanks again, Michal

Panopeeper

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 09:38:13 pm »

Indoor shot comes to life nicely after a simple +1 EV correction in Lightroom, shadows don't seem to show any appreciable noise
If you applied +1 EV, then you saw the image w/o any brightness adjustment. ACR applies -1 EV to the P30 and P45 images if shot with ISO 100. I don't know the reason for this auto-adjustment.
Gabor

NikonMike

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:22 pm »

If you applied +1 EV, then you saw the image w/o any brightness adjustment. ACR applies -1 EV to the P30 and P45 images if shot with ISO 100. I don't know the reason for this auto-adjustment.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177862\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting! You're right, files are much brighter in C1v4 trial I downloaded for comparison. Also Marc's processed file is like that.

I re-calibrated my screen (MacBook Pro) with Spyder2PRO but it's pretty much the same (I use gamma 2.2, 6500K). I find the brighter rendition too hot. Also Marc's take has too much magenta on my screen. Could it be due to calibration error?

I attached the +1 corrected (i.e. "uncorrected") indoor file from LR. Exposure looks OK to me, what do you think?

Panopeeper

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:11:26 pm »

I attached the +1 corrected (i.e. "uncorrected") indoor file from LR. Exposure looks OK to me, what do you think?

1. 90% of her is leg. Great figure.

2. I picked WB on her belt and on her stocking. The result is the same: much warmer than what you created (and her thighs have really stange color, her knuckles even more).

3. I guess you left the brightness at the default, 50. If you increase the exposure to 0, then the brightness needs to be taken back to perhaps 25. Then the contrast can be increased a bit, for example to 40 or so.
Gabor

marcmccalmont

Two P30+ RAW files
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 02:02:35 am »

Interesting! You're right, files are much brighter in C1v4 trial I downloaded for comparison. Also Marc's processed file is like that.

I re-calibrated my screen (MacBook Pro) with Spyder2PRO but it's pretty much the same (I use gamma 2.2, 6500K). I find the brighter rendition too hot. Also Marc's take has too much magenta on my screen. Could it be due to calibration error?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178358\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In Photoshop I set the yellow 5% more than Magenta (CMYK, upper arm)
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up