Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraVision II can load multiple profiles?  (Read 1711 times)

Paul Sumi

SpectraVision II can load multiple profiles?
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:49:44 am »

Hi,

I've sent an e-mail query to NEC USA, but probably won't get an answer until after the weekend.

I've been calibrating my new NEC 2690 on my Windows XP SP2 computer using their SpectraView II software.  As I have been trying different settings, it LOOKS like SpectraView can create and load multiple monitor profiles.  For example, one profile for color inkjet printing and another for SRGB web browsing and with non-color-managed applications

Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed true?

If so, this would appear to solve one of the issues which has been discussed at length, that this monitor is not optimal for such applications as SRGB web browsing or with non-color-managed applications like prior versions of MS Office.  If multiple profiles can be used, then this would appear to solve this problem.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Paul

Thanks,

Paul

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:53:33 pm »

Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed true?

Here's what you can do. You can build multiple target calibrations (say, different white points or different contrast ratio's). In the software, you load one and the display calibration updates AND that correct, associated profile is loaded. This is a really cool and useful feature! This was a feature of the Sony Artisan's I used and loved.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Paul Sumi

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:06:44 pm »

Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.  Being able to create and use multiple calibrations is very cool.  This definitely expands the usefulness of the monitor.

Best,

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up