Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2400 and paper profiles  (Read 1546 times)

edorm

R2400 and paper profiles
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:04:16 pm »

I got my new Epson R2400 set up last night and tried to select watercolor as my paper type. It was gray along with several other paper types. I tried changing my matte black to photo black to see if that helped, as well as experimenting with the other variables. No luck. I'm printing through Photoshop and had a couple of other problems that I eventually figured out. Any suggestions on getting to the correct paper types? I haven't tried printing from the single sheet feeder but will try that next. Thanks.

Paul Sumi

R2400 and paper profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:17:44 pm »

Have you checked the Epson website for their "premium" paper profiles?  This may help you.  I don't know where you're located, but here's the link on Epson USA for the R2400 printer:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...type=highlights

Depending on whether you are using matte or photo black ink, the printer driver will only let you select the appliable papers.  Depending on paper weight you will also only be able to use a particular paper feed.  The user manual should have a table which explains how each type of paper is fed through the printer.

Paul

edorm

R2400 and paper profiles
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 09:52:42 pm »

I've learned a lot the past couple of hours. It seems that the Epson Watercolor paper is assumed to be 13X19. I was trying to print on 8.5X11. The paper I have is Inkpress Watercolor Rag and Inkpress has a download site for their paper profiles. I haven't tried to download those profiles yet but I think I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks.

Have you checked the Epson website for their "premium" paper profiles?  This may help you.  I don't know where you're located, but here's the link on Epson USA for the R2400 printer:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...type=highlights

Depending on whether you are using matte or photo black ink, the printer driver will only let you select the appliable papers.  Depending on paper weight you will also only be able to use a particular paper feed.  The user manual should have a table which explains how each type of paper is fed through the printer.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up