Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copyright symbol and correct form  (Read 19348 times)

walter.sk

Copyright symbol and correct form
« on: February 22, 2008, 03:04:14 pm »

I did a search here for this but did not find answers:

1) I want to add my copyright notice to a metadata template in CS3.   I used to be able to type Alt0169 and get the little c in a circle, but CS3 won't let me type anything after the Alt key is pressed.  How do I get the symbol into the metadata, or even into the Text Tool, short of one of the Wingding fonts?

2)  I see so many different versions of copyright notice.  I'm sure there is a "most" correct form.  I had been using the c in a circle, the year, my name and All Rights Reserved.  Do I need the word Copyright either before or after the copyright symbol?

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:10:33 pm »

I did a search here for this but did not find answers:

1) I want to add my copyright notice to a metadata template in CS3.   I used to be able to type Alt0169 and get the little c in a circle, but CS3 won't let me type anything after the Alt key is pressed.  How do I get the symbol into the metadata, or even into the Text Tool, short of one of the Wingding fonts?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176719\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In Windows go: all programs/accessories/system tools/character map and pick a font and click on the © symbol. In the dialogue choose "select" and then "copy". Then ctrl V to paste into the template. David

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:57:54 pm »

In Windows go: all programs/accessories/system tools/character map and pick a font and click on the © symbol. In the dialogue choose "select" and then "copy". Then ctrl V to paste into the template. David
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's option-G for Mac users. FYI.

As for the form of the notice, read the following cut and pasted from the [a href=\"http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html#notice]Copyright Office website[/url]:

A copyright notice is an identifier placed on copies of the work to inform the world of copyright ownership that generally consists of the symbol or word “copyright (or copr.),” the name of the copyright owner, and the year of first publication, e.g., ©2006 John Doe. While use of a copyright notice was once required as a condition of copyright protection, it is now optional.

I just finished registering nearly 12,000 images. It's a chore to get caught up, but much easier to register unpublished images regularly as you go forward.
michael sebast

TMcCulley

• http://
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 02:05:40 am »

I want to add my copyright notice to a metadata template in CS3.   I used to be able to type Alt0169 and get the little c in a circle, but CS3 won't let me type anything after the Alt key is pressed.  How do I get the symbol into the metadata, or even into the Text Tool, short of one of the Wingding fonts?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176719\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Where are you trying to do this?  Because I have been able to use ALT0169 in Photoshop and Bridge CS3.

Tom

PS I found it.  If you use the number keys then it will not let you do ALT 0169 but if you use the keypad for the numbers then it works like you expect
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:23:43 am by TMcCulley »

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 08:48:27 am »

Where are you trying to do this?  Because I have been able to use ALT0169 in Photoshop and Bridge CS3.

Tom

PS I found it.  If you use the number keys then it will not let you do ALT 0169 but if you use the keypad for the numbers then it works like you expect
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176829\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was looking to put the copyright notice into the metadata panel in Bridge, and into the Get Pictures dialogue (I don't remember the exact name) in Bridge.

Thanks to all for the information, and Tom's statement about the difference between the number pad and the number keys above the letters solved my problem with typing the copyright symbol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up