Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Coolscan V and Windows XP 64-bit?  (Read 2147 times)

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
Nikon Coolscan V and Windows XP 64-bit?
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:54:06 am »

Hello,

I've recently migrated to XP 64-bit as required for some ram-intensive application.  Now I'm having trouble installing Nikon Scan 4.0.2.  Does anyone else have this running successfully?  I also hear about a 32-bit legacy option within the 64-bit OS, I think called WOW32... but don't know anything about applying it for this situation.

Thanks, Ralph

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
Nikon Coolscan V and Windows XP 64-bit?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:48:35 am »

Nikon's reply:

None of the software for our products is currently compatible with any of the 64 bit operating systems. However I have heard from some customers they where successful when using third party scanning software such as VueScan and Silver fast. We currently do not have any ETA on 64 bit compatible software release, but compatibility is being looked into.  As well at this time there is no buy back programs and any exchanges or refunds will need to be dealt with through the dealer you purchased it through.

Nikon further says:

Any use, dissemination, distribution, posting on Internet bulletin boards, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained herein by or to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.

I say:

Ha.  A piece of Nikon equipment recently purchased is now a paperweight with the use of common computer OS's unless I opt to spend a couple hundred more and take my chances on other unsupported software to run it.  And Nikon demands that I don't warn others?  

This puts other Nikon gear further down on any wish list.  Too bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up