Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using CaptureOne 4.0 to shoot tethered  (Read 2858 times)

lance_schad

Using CaptureOne 4.0 to shoot tethered
« on: February 18, 2008, 12:45:36 pm »

Members,
A lot of people have been curious as to how you can shoot tethered into CaptureOne v4.0 and take advantage of full res previews as you shoot. Well Doug Peterson at Capture Integration has put together a short video demonstrating how this can be accomplished using combination CaptureOne v3.7x and CaptureOne 4.0LE . This works with not only PhaseOne digital backs, but any camera that is supported via CaptureOne 3.7.x as a tethered capture device. You could also use this method on cameras that are not supported for direct tethered capture in CaptureOne like the Nikon, but substituting the Nikon capture program from CaptureOne Pro 3.7.x
Check out the video here: http://www.captureintegration.com/category/tips-and-trick/

Thanks Doug!

Lance

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
Capture Integration , Phase One Dealer of the Year
lance@captureintegration.com
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

johnkraus

• http://www.johnkrausphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:45:54 pm »

This is a nice idea, however is there a way to apply various  adjustments made to the test image in3.7.8- not just CT but exposure, curves, etc- to  incoming images as they show up in 4.0?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:46:23 pm by johnkraus »

lance_schad

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:03:42 pm »

This is a nice idea, however is there a way to apply various  adjustments made to the test image in3.7.8- not just CT but exposure, curves, etc- to  incoming images as they show up in 4.0?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unfortunately it does not carry over those settings.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com]Capture Integration , Phase One Dealer of the Year[/url]
lance@captureintegration.com
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

david.westphal

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:26:37 am »

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but seriously, did you just think of this?  I've been shooting with this set up since the first beta of V4.0.  It's not rocket science.  I think of this more as a marketing tool than anything else for your company.  I know you people have been all over this forum which I think is bothersome.  I think it's a good marketing tool for you to get your name out there, but this forum is for users, not resellers.  

Just my opinion.  But this is a forum and I am allowed to express my opinion.

TMARK

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:57:22 am »

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but seriously, did you just think of this?  I've been shooting with this set up since the first beta of V4.0.  It's not rocket science.  I think of this more as a marketing tool than anything else for your company.  I know you people have been all over this forum which I think is bothersome.  I think it's a good marketing tool for you to get your name out there, but this forum is for users, not resellers. 

Just my opinion.  But this is a forum and I am allowed to express my opinion.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176189\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I like the reps here.  Public info on MFDB is almost non-existant.  Any info from Capture Integration, Sinar, Leaf, and PPR is most welcome, even if they are trying to make a buck, just like you and me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:18:52 pm by TMARK »

david.westphal

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 01:32:47 pm »

I would agree that public info by end users is limited.  But I have seen some quality threads.  I still do not agree with companies employing this forum for info.  I think that maybe there could be an area of this forum where one could go to talk with them, or they could market themselves.  But when I see them selling stuff on the for sale, for instance, it bothers me.  I don't know if they pay fees to advertise here?  If not, they should.  I posted some replies on a mfdb camera thread and someone emailed me with a question regarding the posting, I answered it.  So information is there if you ask the questions.  Maybe this forum could attract more users to provide input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up