Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Valley  (Read 4279 times)

Andres Bonilla

The Valley
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:50:02 pm »

Any suggestions, comments?

berbig

• http://www.bigtonfoto.no/
The Valley
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:19:49 am »

I like the composition and the dramatic clouds. What I do not like is the lack of sharpness in the foreground, and the green tone which on my screen seems a bit unnatural.
Bernt Bigton
Norway www.bigtonfoto.no

Staples

The Valley
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:47:32 pm »

Everything seems to work in your photograph! - it's beautiful and well executed!  In my view, the sharpness or the foreground is not an issue - indeed you want folk to look beyond it and its inclusion adds to the sense of depth of the image.  The colour of the grass is an issue that only you can assess - I have seen that colour in southern Canada.  Bien fait (as they say in Quebec).
Len Staples
Ottawa

tjwilson

• http://www.thomasjwilson.ca/
The Valley
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:02:34 am »

Try it as a B&W image, the interplay of light and shadow on the ground could be very interesting and the clouds will work out great.
Thomas J. Wilson
Black & White Landscape Photography
http://www.thomasjwilson.ca/

Andres Bonilla

The Valley
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »

I like the composition and the dramatic clouds. What I do not like is the lack of sharpness in the foreground, and the green tone which on my screen seems a bit unnatural.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175204\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi! This area of Colombia is known for the amount of rain it gets, quite a bit! The sun comes out right after the rain, the color of the grass is a little yellow, the grass is actual kind of mossy. I took the photo after the sun peaked a little bit thru the clouds.

Thanks,

Andres

Andres Bonilla

The Valley
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:26:49 pm »

Everything seems to work in your photograph! - it's beautiful and well executed!  In my view, the sharpness or the foreground is not an issue - indeed you want folk to look beyond it and its inclusion adds to the sense of depth of the image.  The colour of the grass is an issue that only you can assess - I have seen that colour in southern Canada.  Bien fait (as they say in Quebec).
Len Staples
Ottawa
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175388\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Len, I am glad you like it. The issue for me was how much sky and how much ground; I loved the clouds!

Andres Bonilla

The Valley
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:27:58 pm »

Try it as a B&W image, the interplay of light and shadow on the ground could be very interesting and the clouds will work out great.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175435\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I will try as a straight B/W and then maybe a duatone.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up