Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirror lockup and bulb exposure on Mamyia RZ67  (Read 6584 times)

sunmoonlake

Mirror lockup and bulb exposure on Mamyia RZ67
« on: February 14, 2008, 08:27:29 pm »

Hi all,

I am a new user of Mamyia RZ67 Pro II, and having a problem with mirror lockup and bulb exposure  with the body. I managed to use two cable releases separately for mirror lockup (cable attached to the shutter release button) and shutter release (cable attached to lens) for up to 8 seconds (as the longest built-in shutter speed on the dial allowed). But if I use bulb for longer exposure, it would only allow me to use the cable attached to the shutter release button so the two steps are done in one. Then closes the shutter by moving back the T Lever to normal position. By doing such, I get vibration from the mirror opening and touching the lens to move back the T Lever.

Does anyone know how to locks up the mirror first and without touching the T Lever when doing long exposure (assuming that multiple exposure is one of the choices already).

Sorry for such long description of my problem here.

Best
Andi

Hank

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:36:52 am »

We're using a 645 rather than a Z, but we get around the issue by using leaf shutter lenses.  Leave the shutter closed on the lens, activate the mirror lock and body shutter, THEN open the lens shutter.  Finish the exposure and close the lens shutter FIRST, then shut down the body.  That lets all the vibration-making steps occur while the lens is closed down and no light is getting through.

sunmoonlake

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 10:48:15 pm »

Thanks Hank.
I found that to be the case as well in order to make sure the camera doesn't vibrate. The point of confusion was how to have ML and bulb separately done. But I found an older on photo.net forum:
http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Bmoc

Best,
Andi
Pages: [1]   Go Up