Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Lab for large prints  (Read 2345 times)

Mark F

Print Lab for large prints
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »

As part of my upcoming switch to digital I am researching printers. I only print larger than 16 x 20 a few times a year and would like to avoid buying a wider (more expensive) carriage printer.  Is it customary for the lab to use a paper that I specify as part of their normal procedure? Is there an extra charge?

Can anyone recommend a good lab? I'm located in the NYC area but with Fed Ex that's not really important.
Thanks.

Mark
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:23:45 pm by Mark F »
Mark

matt4626

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:28:51 pm »

I've had great results with West Coast Imaging.

seangirard

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »

I would think most shops will tend toward papers they have tested, profiled, and stocked. That's not to say they won't be willing to work with you, but be prepared to pay extra - someone has to cover R&D, the part of the roll you don't want, etc.

-sean

John MacLean

• John MacLean Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 07:44:48 pm »

Mark,

I'm personal friends with the owner of Weldon Color Lab. They can print inkjet or LightJet prints and they do spectacular mounting.

Mark F

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:48:06 pm »

Thanks for the info guys. Helpful.
Mark

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 06:14:49 pm »

As part of my upcoming switch to digital I am researching printers. I only print larger than 16 x 20 a few times a year and would like to avoid buying a wider (more expensive) carriage printer.  Is it customary for the lab to use a paper that I specify as part of their normal procedure? Is there an extra charge?

Can anyone recommend a good lab? I'm located in the NYC area but with Fed Ex that's not really important.
Thanks.

Mark
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You might consider Amadou Diallo, who regularly posts on this forum and runs a Printing studio in Brooklyn. He uses a range of printers and provides a wide range of paper choices.
His website is:
 [a href=\"http://www.diallophotography.com/]http://www.diallophotography.com/[/url]

Mark F

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:54:28 pm »

You might consider Amadou Diallo, who regularly posts on this forum and runs a Printing studio in Brooklyn. He uses a range of printers and provides a wide range of paper choices.
His website is:
 http://www.diallophotography.com/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up