Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Not-So-Unique Approach to Tonal Selections  (Read 10123 times)

tived

• http://
A Not-So-Unique Approach to Tonal Selections
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 05:21:35 am »

thanks guys,

I thought, there maybe was something new I had missed but it sounds like I still got the finger on the pulse

well, a little bit atleast :-)

thanks all

Henrik

George Machen

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 07:57:35 am »

... I've been wanting to ask if there is a way to have lock down points within the curve dialog box at every grid cross point along the straight curve diagonal with a simple keyboard/mouse click combo. You know so you don't have to manually click at every cross point. ...
In the Curves dialog, click the pencil icon (which puts you into what used to be called "arbitrary map" mode, for freehand drawing), then click once anywhere on the 45-degree curve, being careful not also to drag, which would alter the curve. Then click back on the bezier icon (which puts you back into the regular mode to which you're accustomed). Voila! Now you have seven additional lock-down points that well-cover highlights, quartertones, midtones, three-quartertones and shadows.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 05:41:06 pm »

In the Curves dialog, click the pencil icon (which puts you into what used to be called "arbitrary map" mode, for freehand drawing), then click once anywhere on the 45-degree curve, being careful not also to drag, which would alter the curve. Then click back on the bezier icon (which puts you back into the regular mode to which you're accustomed). Voila! Now you have seven additional lock-down points that well-cover highlights, quartertones, midtones, three-quartertones and shadows.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175639\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

George! You dah MAN! Give that man a ceee-Gar!

One correction though, I had to click off the 45 degree line instead of on it. I'm using PS 7.

Thanks a bunch!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:41:38 pm by tlooknbill »

dmstrom

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 12:20:52 am »

You can also set the points by clicking on the pencil, then "draw" a short bit left to right along the bottom line of the graph, then clicking on the bezier button.  This is pretty quick and doesn't move the curve.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up