Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 1800 paper load/feed/print problem  (Read 4272 times)

thewanderer

epson 1800 paper load/feed/print problem
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:36:57 pm »

When i try to print, i go through the dialog box, (paper type, layout, that stuff) , and hit print, the paper either wont get taken up, (usually standard copy paper) or if i use a heavier paper, like a matte or lustre, it will pick it up and drive it all the way the system without printing, i tell the dialog box stop job, then go through it again, same thing happens, i can do through this any number of times, and maybe one time it will print, then, try again, same thing, sheet after sheet will run through, it usually feeds, but feeds all the way with out stopping to print, or, it wont pick up the paper at all,

I did stick a sheet in the roll feeder and it worked ok, of course it didnt line up right due to it being just a sheet, but it did feed and print,,

Any thoughts or ideas on what may be a problem or suggestion for solution, I use mac, 10.4.11 OS,,

TMcCulley

• http://
epson 1800 paper load/feed/print problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:52:38 pm »

I have found that taking a damp cloth and cleaning the rubber feed wheels (located near the front of the right side of the sheet feeder) will generally stop the problem you are having.

When the printer rejects a sheet try feeding the other end then hitting the print feed button (the one on right top which should be blinking).

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up