Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: usb length?  (Read 1766 times)

pulley

usb length?
« on: February 12, 2008, 10:45:17 pm »

I run a my z2100 directly to the computer via usb. Been having some issues regarding communication between the printer and computer.........finally resolved. Only issue now is that when computer won't recognize "usb device". The printer is about 8 feet away from the computer and I'm using a 16' usb cable. What is the maximium length for a usb for my particular setup?

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
usb length?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:05:24 pm »

My 3100 would not work reliably or update the firmware on anything other than the supplied cable.  I went Ethernet, no problems (my system is too far to use the USB cable).

pulley

usb length?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:15:19 pm »

Thanks Kaelaria. I'll re-arrange printer closer to 'puter. Use supplied usb and see if that works.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:15:59 pm by pulley »

MaDTaZ

usb length?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:02:43 am »

Normally 12 feet is the maximum that you would want to use.  Most people have no problem using larger but will be the first thing to switch if you have and issue.

Most definitly hooking up a router and two network cables are the perferred hookup.

Glad you were able to get it to work.

Cheers

pulley

usb length?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:20:56 pm »

Thanks Madtaz. I tried the usb on my epson and it worked fine, so I shut off HP printer, reconnected usb and turned on the HP. Now it works fine! Happy days are here again....well atleast for the time being!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:21:23 pm by pulley »
Pages: [1]   Go Up