Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100ps Profiling on Letter Size  (Read 2979 times)

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
Z3100ps Profiling on Letter Size
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »

Hi All,

I've successfully created ICC profiles for my Canon i9900 printer using 13x19 paper.  However I do like to use the Costco brand photo paper when doing quick prints for family and friends.  How do you span the profile targets across multiple sheets?  I've read that it can be done, but how?  My i9900 is connected directly to my PC using the USB cable while the Z3100 is run over my LAN.

Under Profiling a Printer, I select "Other Printer (RGB),  Measurement Device is HP Designjet Z3100 44 ps",

I can select the which Test Chart I want but Gloss Enhancer and Print Layout are Greyed out.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Stu

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:53:47 pm »

Stu,

I have not tried profiling another printer yet with APS and the Z3100, so I won't be much help on that front.

I do know that the Z will calibrate on letter size paper, but it will not print a profile target on less that 11x17 (tabloid) size. Using APS it allows one to print the largest target on 3 11x17 sheets.

Jim
www.jimcolephoto.com
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:28:06 pm »

You might want to check out this thread here on LL
Regards,
Ron

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:55:47 pm »

Hi Ron,

Thanks!  I'll patiently wait for the article!  Jim, how did you set it up to print on 3 11x17s?  As I said in my original query, the print layout is greyed out.

thanks!

Stu
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:56:51 pm by scubastu »

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:15:55 pm »

Stu,

Not sure what's going on on your side. I can't check the process without actually wasting some paper which I don't want to do now. I assume you have the latest version of APS and are using the latest Z3100 firmware which allows the APS to print on multiple sheets. If you do not have the latest firmware, I can see APS graying out the choices because the paper is too small for a single sheet profile.

If memory serves, once you load the new paper that you want to profile (81/2 x 11 is fine here) the printer will want to do a calibration first. Then it will prompt you to load another sheet (at least 11x17). Once the paper is loaded, you should have the options you report as grayed out. I choose the largest target to print and select "optimize for paper width" and it's off to the races.

Hope this helps a little...

Jim
www.jimcolephoto.com
Jim Cole

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 11:32:08 am »

Hi Jim,

Yes, I do have the latest version of APS, (that is, if I click on the Update button, I get a message saying that my software is up to date!).

APS does not see the printer (i9900), I only have the choice of "Other Printer RGB".  Maybe some is willing to email (or FTP...I can give an address) of the Target sheets set up for Letter Size?

please email to: stewart@stewartsy.com

thanks!

Stu

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 01:16:28 pm »

Stu,

I think I see your issue. APS cannot be used to directly profile another printer (AFAIK). In other words, APS can only see the Z3100.

There is a bit of a convoluted process for profiling 3rd party printers using the Z3100. I have not tried it yet. You might want to search this forum as the issue has been discussed and a process layed out not too long ago.

Jim

EDIT:

Try this thread:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....l=z3100+profile
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:18:36 pm by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 02:21:54 pm »

Hi Jim,

I have profiled other printers using the Z3100 and APS.  It's not that hard to do. What I can't do is get a target set up for Letter sized paper.

thanks!

Stu

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:52:37 pm »

Sorry Stu, I misunderstood. I will go back to my previous statement that you cannot use letter size paper to profile. It must be at least 11x17.

Jim

Hi Jim,

What I can't do is get a target set up for Letter sized paper.

thanks!

Stu
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174619\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jim Cole
Pages: [1]   Go Up