Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: H3D 22 v Phase One P25  (Read 12582 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
H3D 22 v Phase One P25
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 01:39:33 am »

Steve:
I can confirm that it does indeed support raw files from the H3D-39. The display of gorgeous, full resolution previews and the workflow for comparing and sorting through the 3f files is quite exceptional. I have not, however, had the time to compare the quality of the conversions with Flexcolor. Ironic that, just as Phocus is set to be released in beta, Apple releases software that may render it irrelevant in many ways.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I doubt very much that Aperture is going to replace Flexcolor or C1 but it is a good tool for cataloging files.   I've used it since it was first available on and off. I had almost given up on it as I never use it for RAW conversion of important files and its dog slow compared with lightroom - so I'll have to try out V2.    Does anyone know if it will take into account black frames from the backs and other calibration data as well as profiles or do the DAC stuff in Flexcolor?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:40:12 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

samuel_js

H3D 22 v Phase One P25
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 02:03:18 am »

I used Aperture from start too, but Lightroom killed it. A2 seems much faster and has nice enhancements but still doesn't support Phase files so.... still nothing for me.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
H3D 22 v Phase One P25
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 02:36:28 am »

I used Aperture from start too, but Lightroom killed it. A2 seems much faster and has nice enhancements but still doesn't support Phase files so.... still nothing for me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174769\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, Aperture and DxO both software packages that I own that don't work with any of my favorite cameras.... Still!     :-(

But still I have read today on some forum that A2 will work with phase if you use C1 4. to process them into DNG - haven't tried it yet and don't know about the quality. Same thing goes for the Leica DMR files - but from what I read the conversion is not so great for the Leica since it has no calibration in the plist.
Rolleiflex USA

samuel_js

H3D 22 v Phase One P25
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 03:13:31 am »

Yeah, Aperture and DxO both software packages that I own that don't work with any of my favorite cameras.... Still!     :-(

But still I have read today on some forum that A2 will work with phase if you use C1 4. to process them into DNG - haven't tried it yet and don't know about the quality. Same thing goes for the Leica DMR files - but from what I read the conversion is not so great for the Leica since it has no calibration in the plist.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
They can be exported as DNG from ACR too. Just uncheck "Convert to Linear Image". Everything works. I suppose I'll take a closer look to the program again. Maybe DNG is the way to go anyway.

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
H3D 22 v Phase One P25
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 04:56:58 am »

Steve:
I can confirm that it does indeed support raw files from the H3D-39. The display of gorgeous, full resolution previews and the workflow for comparing and sorting through the 3f files is quite exceptional. I have not, however, had the time to compare the quality of the conversions with Flexcolor. Ironic that, just as Phocus is set to be released in beta, Apple releases software that may render it irrelevant in many ways.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I disagree about the irony and irrelevance - I am one of those who shelled out the money for the back but won't spend the extra money on Aperture and come hell or high water will use FlexColor or Phocus or whatever because I can keep downloading free updates from Hasselblad.  

It's a bit like doing $1000's of Christmas shopping then insisting on queuing up to get that 1 hour free parking discount... it's some sort of perverse satisfaction.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up