Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z 3100 question  (Read 2250 times)

dseelig

HP z 3100 question
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:11:47 pm »

I used to keep my epson 7600 on a table. So my question is from the bottom front  of the z 3100, where it would be at the front of a table, to the back how end of the rollers how many inches I want to know if it will fit on my table or do I need to reorganize my space thanks david

Geoff Wittig

HP z 3100 question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:58:51 pm »

I used to keep my epson 7600 on a table. So my question is from the bottom front  of the z 3100, where it would be at the front of a table, to the back how end of the rollers how many inches I want to know if it will fit on my table or do I need to reorganize my space thanks david
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173618\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think you'll want to put it on a table. The stand that comes with it is quite nice, for starters- rather more solid than the stand for the 7600, which cost an extra $295 as I recall. Second, the roll feed for the Z3100 is in back, near the bottom of the printer, rather than at the top like the 7600. Trying to load roll paper with this beast on a table will probably drive you insane.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP z 3100 question
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 04:23:01 am »

Yes the Z can be used without a stand. You could even make a mount for the table configured to the stands hole and dowel positions. The roll feed entry is as the poster said above at or near the frame of the printer so for ease of loading it should be flush to the back edge of the table.

I agree the stand on the Z is top quality (not considering the catch tray material choice).
I think I read the new 7880,9880 have the stand included, probably thanks to HP including it !

walter.sk

HP z 3100 question
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 07:08:33 pm »

I used to keep my epson 7600 on a table. So my question is from the bottom front  of the z 3100, where it would be at the front of a table, to the back how end of the rollers how many inches I want to know if it will fit on my table or do I need to reorganize my space thanks david
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173618\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have a tiny room for my work, and the printer (Z3100 24") takes up substantial space.  However, because the very nice stand has wheeled casters, I can use the printer backed against a wall with built-in cabinets.  When I need to change paper rolls, or less frequently, to open the cabinet, the printer gets rolled forward temporarily.

Mounting the printer on a table would only work if you could still get behind the printer (or move the table) to load paper rolls.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:09:29 pm by walter.sk »

alanmcf

• http://
HP z 3100 question
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 01:55:16 pm »

The stand acts a tiny bit as a shock absorber, meaning that when the carriage hit the ends there is a slight sway. I do spend a fair amount of time watching and pondering . Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up