Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bartolommeo  (Read 3559 times)

Andres Bonilla

Bartolommeo
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:35:22 pm »

L.A 2007

Andres Bonilla

Bartolommeo
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 01:37:28 pm »

Well, I only got half of the photo, let me try again!

Provokot

• http://www.pauldaveycreative.co.uk
Bartolommeo
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm »

I think you've overcooked the image in Photoshop.  He looks almost metallic and I cannot work out whether that is because of the colour, the contrast or what... I'd lie to see the image as a monochrome... just to see whether he still looks as though he's cast in bronze...

Regards

Paul

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Bartolommeo
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:32:49 pm »

I kinda like this effect.  I certainly believe it's exactly what you were trying to present.

Reminds me of the so called 'Dragan' effect.

Andres Bonilla

Bartolommeo
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:09:43 pm »

I think you've overcooked the image in Photoshop.  He looks almost metallic and I cannot work out whether that is because of the colour, the contrast or what... I'd lie to see the image as a monochrome... just to see whether he still looks as though he's cast in bronze...

Regards

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173574\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Paul thanks for the comment! Well, I was going for a Lazlo/Dragan look although I would tell you that by working in the fields of San Joaquin Valley he has quite a tan, not the Aruba type but the field worker type. I would love to see your suggestions on monochrome, plain B/W or a Duatone, tritone, quad? If you want to post your ideas please fell free to use the jpg as an example.

Thanks again,

Andres

Andres Bonilla

Bartolommeo
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 09:15:38 pm »

I kinda like this effect.  I certainly believe it's exactly what you were trying to present.

Reminds me of the so called 'Dragan' effect.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173579\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes Tim that was exactly the look, some people like it others don't care for it, I am trying to keep a style with some of the photos I have posted.

Thanks,

Andres

Chris_T

Bartolommeo
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29:49 am »

Yes Tim that was exactly the look, some people like it others don't care for it, I am trying to keep a style with some of the photos I have posted.

Thanks,

Andres
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173872\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The style and subject are certainly consistent with your two recent images, and would fit well in a collection. However, the borders on this one are different (and unnecessary?). The cap almost touches the top and left borders. A little more room will result in a better composition (and can be added in this case by extending the canvas). Once again, I like a horizontally flipped version better.

If I were to print this image on matte paper, I would lose the deep shadow details on the face. Often I ended up lightening it for prints.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:33:30 am by Chris_T »
Pages: [1]   Go Up