Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contract Proofing Paper  (Read 1320 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Contract Proofing Paper
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:03:23 am »

Hi all,

Sorry if this seems a little obvious, but it isn't to me ....

What is the purpose of Contract Proofing paper   ...   I understand it is for proofing offset, but is there anything else I can use it for? Like proofing Pro Satin or anything? or is there a colour shift.

I was gifted a roll of HP Semi Gloss Contract Proofing Paper, and not sure what to do with it.

Thanks

Lorenz

• http://www.l-arts.de
Contract Proofing Paper
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:32 am »

hi dude :-)

the paper is excellent for contract proofing (as the name indicates *g*).

if you compare the to a "normal" poster paper you will notice that the paper appears quite "warm" (aka yellowish) - this results from the absence of optical brighteners.

the idea behind this is quite simple if you print proofs that will be printed on a standard webpress you will try to use a paper that is as close a possible in terms of the whitepoint to the standard printing papers (usually SWOP in the US or FOGRA in Europe).

the word contract actually reads expensive :-). the paper is manufactured to very, very tight tolerances (delta E for the paper white point usually within 0,5). usually you will print the proof including a media wegde read this with a measuring device like an eye-one and print a little sticker indicating that the proof passed specific criterias and stck that one to the proof – and then have someone sign the proof (contract/approaval) – okok to be correct you will need the full measuring report but the sticker will do well for most cases...

if i were you – sell the paper on ebay if you don't like the look&feel or simply use it :-)

regards,

lorenz
Pages: [1]   Go Up