Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why does nobody answer my question?  (Read 3209 times)

zobeleye

• zobeleye
why does nobody answer my question?
« on: February 07, 2008, 03:44:28 am »

come on guys,
does nobody have an idea about my question ? i´ve posted this end of jan. and so far 66 members read it and nobody responded. i´ve checked in lot´s of other forums and there´s no word about it.
so here it is again.:

hi everybody,
this is my first topic in the LL forum, so bear with me, if this question has been dealt with before.

1.) i´ve discovered, that when viewing the diashow, the pictures(prophoto) show different colours and saturation than when viewed in the library or the developmodul.
there´s no menu to adjust the profile for the D-show, so is there nothing i can do about this?
any advice?
2.) why is it, that when you open a picture in the Developmodule it is displayed sharper until it is fully opened, then turns softer?
cheers, stephan
mac pro 32 gb,eizoCG318,LR,nikon,fuji,Pentax645Z
http://zobeleye.com/

rfreschner

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:57:25 am »

1.) i´ve discovered, that when viewing the diashow, the pictures(prophoto) show different colours and saturation than when viewed in the library or the developmodul.
there´s no menu to adjust the profile for the D-show, so is there nothing i can do about this?
any advice?

By diashow, I'm assuming you mean slideshow?  It would be helpful if you posted some images showing the difference you're seeing.

2.) why is it, that when you open a picture in the Developmodule it is displayed sharper until it is fully opened, then turns softer?

This does not happen for me, if anything it's the opposite at times when LR needs to render the image.  Does this happen to all of your images?  How about if you go back to the same image again in Develop?  What are your settings for rendering previews?

Rick

zobeleye

• zobeleye
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:18:04 pm »

By diashow, I'm assuming you mean slideshow?  It would be helpful if you posted some images showing the difference you're seeing.
This does not happen for me, if anything it's the opposite at times when LR needs to render the image.  Does this happen to all of your images?  How about if you go back to the same image again in Develop?  What are your settings for rendering previews?

Rick
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172958\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hi rick,
thanks for answering.
now this is amazing.as i´d read your answer i´d gone back into LR to look at this thing with the different colourrendering, and it´s gone!!!
then i checked what i changed since i posted and the thing is I reprofiled my monitor.
before it was profiled with spyder 2 using the software that came with it, then I gave the spyder 2 back and got the spyder 3 and then I profiled with that and a few days ago I got the color eyes display pro demo and used that and now the problems gone !!!(but we were talking ´bout lips turning pink in portraits and not just slight different rendering).
so evidently this is the combination thats rendering the different profiles in the way they are intended to look.
As i´ve read that lightroom uses the adobe RGB profile for the previews in the library mode, maybe it´s the same for the slideshow?
and considering all of this, it´s probably no use posting these since everybody will see them rendered differently...

so anyway the other problem is strange also.
when open a NEF in develop, there´s this going from very sharp to softer (as i´ve thought about this, it´s probably something to do with the compression of the preview ), but funny enough, when viewing the same file processed and sharpened in PS and saved as TIF, and opening that from library into develop, the thing doesn´t happen!!!
so there´s still things out there in the digital universe that keep on amazing and annoying us.
cheers to all of you
stephan from NZ

(in case anybody is interested, i´m using an EIZOcg241W with a macPBpro)
mac pro 32 gb,eizoCG318,LR,nikon,fuji,Pentax645Z
http://zobeleye.com/

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:31:34 pm »

cheers, stephan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure, but I remember reading somewhere that this had to do with LR first showing a camera generated jpg before replacing it by its own raw conversion.

How sharp the raw looks depends on the default sharpening parameters you have set in LR. The most suitable settings depend on the camera + ISO used when shooting.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up