Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ-17 Download  (Read 69953 times)

knweiss

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 01:12:22 pm »

It is about 2/3 complete with an interview and portrait of Jay Maisel;
Wow, Jay's a really fascinating person shown in an interesting environment. I also enjoyed his pictures very much and would like to see more of his work.

This is why I love LLJV. You don't see this geeky stuff on TV. Well done!

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:46:22 pm »

Thank you all again so much for doing the VJ - it's one of things I look most forward to viewing, besides a fresh print coming off the printer!

Bob Casner

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 03:20:51 pm »

I'm inclined to purchase "belt AND suspenders," i.e. both the "hard copy" DVD and the HD download later when I'm properly equipped. Since I'm a major fan of Jay Maisel, I'd like to know - will all of the material featuring him be included on the DVD?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »

I'm inclined to purchase "belt AND suspenders," i.e. both the "hard copy" DVD and the HD download later when I'm properly equipped. Since I'm a major fan of Jay Maisel, I'd like to know - will all of the material featuring him be included on the DVD?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173373\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes - but not in HD  

ramblinlamb

• http://www.ramblinlamb.com/
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 02:27:20 pm »

Hi Mike & Chris,

First thanks for yet another great production on the LLVJ!! As always I enjoyed this one (at least so far) very much!

I have one odd issue with the download files. The HD version of the elephant episode is not playable for me. The other segments/episodes play just fine so I don't think it's something "Vista related".

I have Windows Vista and am using Apple Quicktime to view each episode. I've even tried VLC Media Player and it too cannot successfully play the elephant segment/episode.

I have even tried it on my laptop (it also is running Vista) with no success.

Again the other segments/episodes play just fine on both computers so I don't think it's something "Vista related". Is anyone else experiencing this???
Richard T. Lamb
Ramblin Lamb Photography

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 02:35:10 pm »

It plays ok for me on XP using QT 7.4 - are you up to date?

I would try Vista for you - but my HD with Vista just self destructed.  Oh well, no loss other than the drive!  LOL

KeithR

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 05:12:55 pm »

Yes - but not in HD 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jay Maisel will always be HD  
I just finished watching the interview and all I can say is WOW! I've been a admirer of his work since the seventies, and this was one of the best interviews of him that I've seen since the old American Photographer artical back then. Great work Michael and Chris!
Now when are you going to meet up with Pete Turner for a one on one?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:13:27 pm by KeithR »
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 08:47:18 am »

I have one odd issue with the download files. The HD version of the elephant episode is not playable for me. The other segments/episodes play just fine so I don't think it's something "Vista related".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It sounds as if the download is corrupted or incomplete. My suggestion is to go back to the download page of your account and try again.

Paul Williamson

• http://www.mustbeart.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:42 pm »

Not to put too fine a point on it, but how much cheaper than $9.95 can it get?
It's not about the $9.95, Michael. It's about the promise made in the expedition announcement:
We will, of course, be providing you with complimentary copies of whatever video or print material comes out of this.
Before I click on the store link to buy LLVJ #17, I just want to know what your plans are. If this promise is going to be fulfilled by sending out copies of LLVJ #17, then it would be silly of me to also buy a copy.

Kenneth Sky

• http://
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 10:49:38 pm »

I've experienced a problem purchasing the HD download. It didn't matter as I had 5 coupons remaining on my subscription. However there is only one spot for a coupon on purchasing the HD download instead of 2. So when I entered the single coupon, it rejected it. However when I entered the same coupon into the regular download it worked instantly. No big deal as I was going to get stuck using a single coupon once anyway but for future issues this problem should be cleared up.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 02:56:29 am »

I've experienced a problem purchasing the HD download. It didn't matter as I had 5 coupons remaining on my subscription. However there is only one spot for a coupon on purchasing the HD download instead of 2. So when I entered the single coupon, it rejected it. However when I entered the same coupon into the regular download it worked instantly. No big deal as I was going to get stuck using a single coupon once anyway but for future issues this problem should be cleared up.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173886\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The way to do it is to send the unused coupons to customer support and ask to get them exchanged for  coupons for the HD version. I did and got a fast reply and new coupons. Very good service!

And the HD is worth the extra cost IMHO. And the content is good, thank you Michael an Chris!

Looking forward to thew Antarctica segments!
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

michael

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:25 am »

It's not about the $9.95, Michael. It's about the promise made in the expedition announcement:
Before I click on the store link to buy LLVJ #17, I just want to know what your plans are. If this promise is going to be fulfilled by sending out copies of LLVJ #17, then it would be silly of me to also buy a copy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173790\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry Paul. I'd forgotten about that. It's been a few years.

Please drop a note to customer support and mention that you were a member of the expedition and they will provide you with a coupon for a free download or DVD. Your choice.

Copy this in your email so that they know what this is about.

Regards,

Michael

Philip Weber

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 11:03:21 pm »

It sounds as if the download is corrupted or incomplete. My suggestion is to go back to the download page of your account and try again.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm having the same problem (Vista 64-bit with Quicktime). Never had it before and have downloaded everything there is. There are two MAC files there in the zip file and it says there's already a file with that name when I am extracting and to rename it but there is no way to do so that I can see.

Please let us know what to try (I know, I know...switch to a Mac but not possible at the moment!).

Thanks!
Phil

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 09:10:09 am »

Occasionally in some Windows environments, unzipping the download file will leave a tiny file with the same name as the real video file. This is due to the original having been compressed on a Mac. It is quite safe to trash, erase or overwrite the tiny file.  ...this is mentioned on the FAQ...

Philip Weber

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 09:59:47 am »

Occasionally in some Windows environments, unzipping the download file will leave a tiny file with the same name as the real video file. This is due to the original having been compressed on a Mac. It is quite safe to trash, erase or overwrite the tiny file.  ...this is mentioned on the FAQ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174815\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried opening the zip folder and deleting the file and the folder and it wouldn't do it. I'll try downloading again and renaming one of them, then extracting. After the error message, the file showed in green instead of black, and would open with no video, skipping sound and then a buffer error. Very weird as it's the *only* LL download file I've ever had an issue with, all with the software and computer.

Thanks,
Phil

Philip Weber

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 01:39:10 pm »

Occasionally in some Windows environments, unzipping the download file will leave a tiny file with the same name as the real video file. This is due to the original having been compressed on a Mac. It is quite safe to trash, erase or overwrite the tiny file.  ...this is mentioned on the FAQ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174815\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Chris - As an update, the other files do not have the _MACOS file and folder, therefore there is no problem with the extraction. The Elephants zip does and I cannot find a way to delete, rename or otherwise get around them, making the extraction impossible.

I do not know if it can be reposted without those files but unless someone has a workaround, those of us with Vista are SOL. As none of the other files have these, it shouldn't be a problem to repost the file to match the others that do work.

Thanks for your help Chris, sorry to be a bother.
Phil

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 01:48:34 pm »

Hmmm - strange since yours is the only reported problem. But I will replace the file and will let you know when I have. (It takes me an age to upload with a satellite connection)

Philip Weber

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 02:14:22 pm »

Hmmm - strange since yours is the only reported problem. But I will replace the file and will let you know when I have. (It takes me an age to upload with a satellite connection)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174887\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Chris and I do very much appreciate your assistance. I'll let you know how it works and again, sorry to put you through more work!

Phil

Frank Doorhof

• http://
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 02:31:39 am »

I run vista64 and does not have the problem.
Just select all the files and let it extract to HERE.
It will ask to overwrite and say yes.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 09:38:53 am »

Thanks Chris and I do very much appreciate your assistance. I'll let you know how it works...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174895\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
OK, so it is now uploaded again. I have not changed the video file, it is simply recompressed. Let me know...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up