Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ-17 Download  (Read 69952 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »

I have just posted LLVJ-17 in the store. You can find it here.

It is about 2/3 complete with an interview and portrait of Jay Maisel; a short travel piece featuring elephants in a S. African game reserve and a half hour chat with Ray Maxwell - colour scientist & colour management guru.
I will be posting a half hour interview with Jeff Schewe in a couple of days and then the Antarctica '05 travelogue in about three weeks.

If you converted your DVD subscription to Download and have coupons, download away!

There will also be a High Definition version available shortly - priced at $14.95
I have updated the Video FAQ to cover some of the more obvious questions regarding this High Definition product

Chris S
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:34:05 pm by Chrissand »

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »

I forget.  How does the subscription thing work for this again?  And can I put my subscription towards the high def version?

I think I found the email with my codes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:54:35 pm by DarkPenguin »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:02:55 pm »

The coupon codes will work only with the Standard Definition product - they will not work with the High Def product - sorry

Chris

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:27:18 pm »

So I can't buy up?  Okay.  So get to issue 22 already so I can see what the high def product looks like.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:38:34 pm »

I think the fairest way to handle outstanding 'Standard Def' coupons is for subscribers to 'hand back'    these regular coupons and exchange them for HD coupons on a 2:1 basis.

Chris S

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 07:46:44 pm »

I have just posted LLVJ-17 in the store. You can find it here.

It is about 2/3 complete with an interview and portrait of Jay Maisel; a short travel piece featuring elephants in a S. African game reserve and a half hour chat with Ray Maxwell - colour scientist & colour management guru.
I will be posting a half hour interview with Jeff Schewe in a couple of days and then the Antarctica '05 travelogue in about three weeks.

If you converted your DVD subscription to Download and have coupons, download away!

There will also be a High Definition version available shortly - priced at $14.95
I have updated the Video FAQ to cover some of the more obvious questions regarding this High Definition product

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SCWWEEEET  

I feel like a junkie who just got told his 'fix' was coming  
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 08:04:25 pm »

Woops - I made an error on the HD version product - now corrected...

Part 2 of the Maisel piece pointed at the wrong file

Now it is correct

Chris S

TMcCulley

• http://
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:48 pm »

Woops - I made an error on the HD version product - now corrected...

Part 2 of the Maisel piece pointed at the wrong file

Now it is correct

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Chris

I am still seeing 17H_Maisel1of2.mp4.zip twice and that is what I get when I try to download

Tom

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:44:15 pm »

I have issued coupons to those who ordered the HD version of LLVJ-17 with the wrong file assignation. You should by now have received an email with a coupon for 're-purchase'

My apologies - too much tiny type for tired eyes  

CS

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:36 pm »

You rock!

Meerkat

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 07:15:24 am »

I think the fairest way to handle outstanding 'Standard Def' coupons is for subscribers to 'hand back'    these regular coupons and exchange them for HD coupons on a 2:1 basis.

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172839\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Chris

I don't want to be a pain about this but....

Each coupon was valued at $11.45 when we swapped over from the DVD subscription. The value of the HD content is $14.95. If you follow the 1 for 2 swap that you suggest then this means that it will cost me $22.90 to purchase a $14.95 LLVJ. I am not sure that is fair.

I can imagine that this is a tough one for the LL team and that you don't want to create too much overhead. Surely a better way would be to multiply the total number of remaining coupons one has by $11.45 (the value of the coupon) and then divide it by $14.95 and that is how many HD coupons one should receive.

Using me as an example; I have 7 coupons at $11.45 each = $80.15

Divide $80.15 by $14.95 (cost of HD download) = 5.36. Therefore I should get 5 HD coupons.

To me this would be fairer. Under your proposal I would only get 3 coupons for my 7.  

What do you think?

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 09:20:20 am »

Hi Chris

I don't want to be a pain about this but....

Each coupon was valued at $11.45 when we swapped over from the DVD subscription. The value of the HD content is $14.95. If you follow the 1 for 2 swap that you suggest then this means that it will cost me $22.90 to purchase a $14.95 LLVJ. I am not sure that is fair.

I can imagine that this is a tough one for the LL team and that you don't want to create too much overhead. Surely a better way would be to multiply the total number of remaining coupons one has by $11.45 (the value of the coupon) and then divide it by $14.95 and that is how many HD coupons one should receive.

Using me as an example; I have 7 coupons at $11.45 each = $80.15

Divide $80.15 by $14.95 (cost of HD download) = 5.36. Therefore I should get 5 HD coupons.

To me this would be fairer. Under your proposal I would only get 3 coupons for my 7.   

What do you think?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172960\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree. I'm in the same situation and 5 for 7 seems more fair. Otherwise the price of this HD
downloads become very expensive for those of us that have supported the site and paid for
a lot of subscriptions in advance.
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

michael

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 10:14:10 am »

Customer support will be in touch directly with anyone that writes to them about this, but here's the explanation.

The new High Def product is in fact just that, it's a NEW product. It is premium priced (even though the content is the same as the standard def product) because the files are significantly larger and therefore our bandwidth costs on each download are higher.

The deal that was offered to DVD subscribers was a two for one swap – download coupons for DVD issues. That offer is still good for the product that it was offered for. As I just wrote, the Hi Def product is a new product and therefore not part of the original offer.

Now - it's possible to look at this and say, boy these guys are cheap! Why don't they just give us the Hi Def product since there's only $2.50 difference. Or, just charge me the $2.50 difference.

We wish it was that easy. Firstly, we're not being cheap. The coupon is really worth $9.95. For some people in Canada it appears to be worth $11.45 because we have had to build in taxes. For everyone else in the world that's not the case and the actual worth is $9.95 - the cost of our standard def download. There's a big differential between $10 and $15, and as stated, higher costs included in delivering the new product.

Also, it's simply not possible for us to charge the $2.50 (or $5) difference because of credit card handling and transaction processing costs. It costs a lot to handle credit cards online, and on purchases under $10 the percentage is outrageously high.

So after much thought, and considering all of the options open to us, we have no choice but to leave things the way they are; those with DVD to download coupons get two download issues of our standard definition product for each DVD paid for previously.

Hope this helps explain why we're doing what we're doing.

Michael
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:16:08 am by michael »

Paul Williamson

• http://www.mustbeart.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 11:22:32 am »

... and then the Antarctica '05 travelogue in about three weeks.
Is there a special deal for participants in the Antarctica '05 expedition?

michael

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 12:03:44 pm »

Paul,

Not to put too fine a point on it, but how much cheaper than $9.95 can it get?

Frank Doorhof

• http://
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 02:44:17 pm »

Not....

I will start buying the HD versions when my coupons are gone.
So don't stop making them

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:09 pm »

Are there HD versions planned for any of the older episodes?  I'd purchase the Clyde Butcher episode again to get it in HD.  (And probably that 7 parks in the rockies thing with the Kossack.)

The shows have been recorded in HD for a while now, right?

Meerkat

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 03:48:12 pm »

Customer support will be in touch directly with anyone that writes to them about this, but here's the explanation.

The new High Def product is in fact just that, it's a NEW product. It is premium priced (even though the content is the same as the standard def product) because the files are significantly larger and therefore our bandwidth costs on each download are higher.

The deal that was offered to DVD subscribers was a two for one swap – download coupons for DVD issues. That offer is still good for the product that it was offered for. As I just wrote, the Hi Def product is a new product and therefore not part of the original offer.

Now - it's possible to look at this and say, boy these guys are cheap! Why don't they just give us the Hi Def product since there's only $2.50 difference. Or, just charge me the $2.50 difference.

We wish it was that easy. Firstly, we're not being cheap. The coupon is really worth $9.95. For some people in Canada it appears to be worth $11.45 because we have had to build in taxes. For everyone else in the world that's not the case and the actual worth is $9.95 - the cost of our standard def download. There's a big differential between $10 and $15, and as stated, higher costs included in delivering the new product.

Also, it's simply not possible for us to charge the $2.50 (or $5) difference because of credit card handling and transaction processing costs. It costs a lot to handle credit cards online, and on purchases under $10 the percentage is outrageously high.

So after much thought, and considering all of the options open to us, we have no choice but to leave things the way they are; those with DVD to download coupons get two download issues of our standard definition product for each DVD paid for previously.

Hope this helps explain why we're doing what we're doing.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the response Michael.

While I might not like it, I do see your point.

BTW, I hope to see you in Sydney! It's a shame you aren't coming to Brisbane. If I can get down to Sydney on the day I will come along.

Bob Nicholson

• http://www.airpixuk.com
LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 06:35:38 am »

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting LLVJ-17 up. My sub is the "standard" version. Could make a short sample HD file available to see if my system will cope with the HD format?

Thanks again.

Bob Nicholson
Carlisle UK

Giedo

LLVJ-17 Download
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 09:58:52 am »

Hi Chris,

I have a subscription up to and incl. LLVJ #17, but my account shows only up to nr 16. Am I doing sth wrong here? How can I download it using my subscription/ coupons...
Thanks and regards from holland!
Giedo
Giedo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up