Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Enhanced Matte Poster Board  (Read 3948 times)

chapart

Epson Enhanced Matte Poster Board
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:54:20 am »

I am looking for a product for a print edition that would have the same characteristics that the Epson 30 x 40" Enhanced Matte Poster Board has in regards to an Illustration board feel and thickness but is acid free and Archival.

Has anyone tried printing on a fine art illustration board such as a Crescent or Strathmore.

Is there another paper ie board similar out there. Suggestions......

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:38:12 pm »

I'm not sure if this is quite what you need, but...
Somerset velvet for Epson is available as 24x30" sheets at 505 gm/m2, and Hahnemuhle photo rag is also available 24x36" at 500 gm/m2. Sheets this thickness are quite stiff, almost like poster-board, and stand up very well to handling, while the surface of both these papers is as good as it gets, unless you want something smoother. Both are reasonably archival cotton rag papers, though they do use some OBA's. Epson Ultrasmooth fine art is also available in 500 gm/m2 sheets, if you want a smoother surface and no OBA's.

chapart

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:04 pm »

Thanks Geoff for this information, I will need it in 30" x 40" but will have to purchase it in very large quantities - 100,000 sheets, that I may be able to find a supplier to manufacture it if i have to.

I may play around using traditional illustration board and see if i can create a profile for it.

The need is for a board like weight without laminating, smooth matte finish.

I will get some samples of the products you mentioned.

jdoyle1713

• http://www.shadesofpaper.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:38 pm »

Thanks Geoff for this information, I will need it in 30" x 40" but will have to purchase it in very large quantities - 100,000 sheets, that I may be able to find a supplier to manufacture it if i have to.

I may play around using traditional illustration board and see if i can create a profile for it.

The need is for a board like weight without laminating, smooth matte finish.

I will get some samples of the products you mentioned.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well Dont bother getting Samples of those two products..100,000 Sheets of it would cost you more money they you would be willing to pay..Thats for sure.

for that Kind of quanity you need to deal with a mill that makes it and has the capacity to supply you.

If you give me a call or email me off list I may be able to point you towards some folks that either have the ability to produce it or know who can.

Cheers
Jim Doyle
[a href=\"http://www.shadesofpaper.com]http://www.shadesofpaper.com[/url]
Jim Doyle
[url=http://www.shadesofpaper.

chapart

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:09:41 pm »

Jim thanks, i will be in touch.

Chap

Sven W

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:09:53 pm »

I am looking for a product for a print edition that would have the same characteristics that the Epson 30 x 40" Enhanced Matte Poster Board has in regards to an Illustration board feel and thickness but is acid free and Archival.

Has anyone tried printing on a fine art illustration board such as a Crescent or Strathmore.

Is there another paper ie board similar out there. Suggestions......
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172728\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know about US market, but here in EU you can purchase Hahnemühle Photo Art Board,
both smooth and texture, 4 ply, 1.2 mm or 1100g/sqm. 24x30 and 36x44 inch.
It's actually PhotoRag mounted on an acid-free matboard. Very impressive but also really expensive.
/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden
Pages: [1]   Go Up