Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painter files in LR  (Read 3217 times)

wsolum

Painter files in LR
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:48:55 pm »

In the past when I work in Painter I've always saved it as a .rif file unless I intended to open it in Photoshop.  I did this because .rif is supposed to be the native file format for Painter and preserves all the editing capabilities, etc.

I now want my painter files managed by LR so which format comes closest to preserving all the layers and features of painter but is indexable and viewable in LR?

Wayne

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Painter files in LR
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:35:58 pm »

I now want my painter files managed by LR so which format comes closest to preserving all the layers and features of painter but is indexable and viewable in LR?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172492\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TIFF, PSD or JPEG are your only choices...and it would be a cold day in hell that Lightroom would read an RIF file...

wsolum

Painter files in LR
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:44:35 pm »

TIFF, PSD or JPEG are your only choices...and it would be a cold day in hell that Lightroom would read an RIF file...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Too bad.  I remember an Adobe rep at Imaging USA 2007 saying that Adobe left out some brush feature at the request of Corel which made me think they were on cooperative terms.  I guess that was a polite way of saying they were threatened.

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
Painter files in LR
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 10:47:55 am »

I attended a week long seminar with Fay Sirkis (Painter Master etc, etc)  She does not save anything as RIF file.  Not necessary.
CMurph

wsolum

Painter files in LR
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 08:18:00 pm »

Then which does she prefer?  Doe Tif and PSD preserve all the layers (watercolor and liquid ink as well)?

I attended a week long seminar with Fay Sirkis (Painter Master etc, etc)  She does not save anything as RIF file.  Not necessary.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173519\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up