Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing Bridge: Fixed  (Read 1775 times)

walter.sk

Crashing Bridge: Fixed
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:37:28 am »

I've been running CS3 Extended (XPPro, SP2) with the latest upgrades of Bridge, CS3 and ACR from Adobe.  While Bridge seemed OK at first it developed more and more frequent freeze ups, inability to Escape out of the slide show, and crashing after selecting more than 3 images at a time in Bridge.

I tried trashing the Preferences files in Bridge and CS3, with little benefit (Bridge worked once and then crashed again).  I did "repair" re-installs, and finally a complete de-install/reinstall.  Still no improvement.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade the driver for my old nVidia GeForce 3 video card, despite recollections of disasters after other video driver upgrades.  Voila!  My CS3 and Bridge now run as they are supposed to!

So, if anybody has been having Bridge crashes, you might look into upgrading your video drivers.

Craig Murphy

• http://www.murphyphotography.com
Crashing Bridge: Fixed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:55:31 am »

Very interesting.  I have been having Bridge crashes but only after installing the new NEC 2690.  Have always been suspicious that the monitor/video card has something to do with it.  Maybe my video card does not match up well with this monitor.  NEC said it should be ok but I don't totally buy that.  Now that you mention a card software update fixing your problem I become more doubtful.  Thought I did do a driver update but I'll try it again.  Thanks for the post.
CMurph
Pages: [1]   Go Up