Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embeded printer profile in print templates  (Read 1946 times)

John S C

Embeded printer profile in print templates
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:42:25 am »

OK I may be missing something, but can anyone help.  

I ran into some problems with a print template. It wasn't printing the colour correctly. I deleted it and remade it and it seemed OK. It seemed to be using an old profile.

Two questions
1/  Should the Print profile I select in the Image control panel over ride the one in the template. I'm not sure if this is happening  for me

2/ Remaking the templates I noticed that they all contained the older profile. The only way I could change the profile was to edit the script. I tried using the "Update with current changes" option but this failed to include the new profile.

I've checked the preferences script to see if there is anything here casing the problem.

As far as I can see that if I want to use different profiles, say one for Matt paper and one for Glossy, the only way to embed the profile in the template is to edit the template script, or am I missing something  

System
Dell PC
XP Pro
3GB Mem

Thanks
John C

Photo Op

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:21:39 pm »

John- I'm inclined to agree that there is something going on with LR and printing, but I am using Leopard and an Epson R2400 printer, driver (6.12). I came across a similar issue that you are having with Templates just today. And that was after "solving" a multitude of other printing issues with the help of various Forums, no thanks to Apple, Adobe or Epson. Just wanted to indicate that you are not alone in your observations. Drop on over to the Adobe U2U forum on Lightroom!

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3...63.7xsKgi219Tj@

--Dave
David

picnic

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:23:18 pm »

OK I may be missing something, but can anyone help.  

I ran into some problems with a print template. It wasn't printing the colour correctly. I deleted it and remade it and it seemed OK. It seemed to be using an old profile.
Two questions
1/  Should the Print profile I select in the Image control panel over ride the one in the template. I'm not sure if this is happening  for me

2/ Remaking the templates I noticed that they all contained the older profile. The only way I could change the profile was to edit the script. I tried using the "Update with current changes" option but this failed to include the new profile.

I've checked the preferences script to see if there is anything here casing the problem.

As far as I can see that if I want to use different profiles, say one for Matt paper and one for Glossy, the only way to embed the profile in the template is to edit the template script, or am I missing something  

System
Dell PC
XP Pro
3GB Mem

Thanks
John C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172445\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John, I haven't had that exact problem, but if I want a new setup, I have been saving a new template exactly the way I want.  However, I started out using the presets and changing them--BUT--if you didn't watch it, the profile would snap back to the old one before printing---can't remember at what point--and you had to choose it again before hitting print.  That's why I just set it up the way I wanted it and saved new templates.

I'm also on XP Pro, 3800, LR 1.3.1

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up