Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael's Review of Epson 11880  (Read 15648 times)

Farmer

Michael's Review of Epson 11880
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 04:00:50 am »

I expect the 11880 will do all the B&W printing then still with MK, Middle Gray, Light Gray and with some LC, LM, Y composite gray for the highlights and some color to make the warm Epson K range neutral. That has been the case with all 8 and 7 color models before it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172660\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nah, it'll use PK or MK depending on your media type (or settings where one media supports both such as "Canvas").
Phil Brown

Neil Currie

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 11:08:33 am »

I have only ever used EPSON printers.

Until a two months ago we printed on one 9800 and three 9600 printers. Having this many printers made the prep time manageable with little waiting around time.

First thing in the morning I had to turn on all the machines. Open print files on four computers. Next load the nozzle test paper in each machine. Run nozzle test one after another. If nozzle fine send print job. If bad reload paper. Open more print jobs. Run clean cycle if needed. Run test again.  Test printer after first print job in case nozzles died during first print. Keep running clean cycles until all the machines are running clean. Test nozzles after every few prints which often meant unloading and reloading paper rolls.

Now I only need one computer and one 11880 printer.  

Able to print on glossy with no black bronzing problems.

No paper loading needed for nozzle testing.

The printer is so fast and the ink is dry so quickly that I now do one job at a time. The print driver seems to have a saturation limiting algorithm somewhat like Relative Colorimetric but for saturation. This eliminates pooling of ink.

The benefit of only using Epson Media is that for the first time perfect profiles have been included with the "out of the box" Epson print driver.

jpgentry

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 04:21:58 pm »

Welcome to the world of the latest generation of printers. It's good to finally have Epson aboard.  With the 11880 Canon and HP will probably be playing a little catch up, but what you described is why I sold my Epson 4000/7600/9600 and didn't look back.  But shame on Epson for taking this long and even releasing the 9800/9880 series with black swap and clogs not fully fixed.  They deserve a bit of defection.

I have only ever used EPSON printers.

Until a two months ago we printed on one 9800 and three 9600 printers. Having this many printers made the prep time manageable with little waiting around time.

First thing in the morning I had to turn on all the machines. Open print files on four computers. Next load the nozzle test paper in each machine. Run nozzle test one after another. If nozzle fine send print job. If bad reload paper. Open more print jobs. Run clean cycle if needed. Run test again.  Test printer after first print job in case nozzles died during first print. Keep running clean cycles until all the machines are running clean. Test nozzles after every few prints which often meant unloading and reloading paper rolls.

Now I only need one computer and one 11880 printer. 

Able to print on glossy with no black bronzing problems.

No paper loading needed for nozzle testing.

The printer is so fast and the ink is dry so quickly that I now do one job at a time. The print driver seems to have a saturation limiting algorithm somewhat like Relative Colorimetric but for saturation. This eliminates pooling of ink.

The benefit of only using Epson Media is that for the first time perfect profiles have been included with the "out of the box" Epson print driver.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up