Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom and Canon 1DS MKIII  (Read 2561 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Lightroom and Canon 1DS MKIII
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:28:38 pm »

Im picking up my 1DSmk III this afternoon and just have a couple of queries in relation to Lightroom.

1. I didnt even check.. but I assume Lightroom already supports the 1DS MKIII?

2. What sharpness settings are people finding works well in Lightroom with 1DS MKIII files? Obiously.. its somewhat image dependant.. but and experience would be appreciated.

3. Same goes for Clarity slider and noise sliders.

Much appreciated thanks.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:14:32 am »

Yes, the latest version does support the 1DS MrkIII.

Im using sharpening amount around 90. Image dependant of course. Substantially more than with my 1D Mark II.

Haven't had to use noise sliders yet and clarity, well my images so far I have applied similar clarity as with my 1D Mark II. Perhaps an extra 5 - 10 points at most.

Dave

Im picking up my 1DSmk III this afternoon and just have a couple of queries in relation to Lightroom.

1. I didnt even check.. but I assume Lightroom already supports the 1DS MKIII?

2. What sharpness settings are people finding works well in Lightroom with 1DS MKIII files? Obiously.. its somewhat image dependant.. but and experience would be appreciated.

3. Same goes for Clarity slider and noise sliders.

Much appreciated thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172114\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:31:23 pm »

Yes, the latest version does support the 1DS MrkIII.

Im using sharpening amount around 90. Image dependant of course. Substantially more than with my 1D Mark II.

Haven't had to use noise sliders yet and clarity, well my images so far I have applied similar clarity as with my 1D Mark II. Perhaps an extra 5 - 10 points at most.
Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.

I havent had a chance to shoot any test images yet - spent most of last night setting up custom functions. - every new camera gets more and more customizable.

The manual reccomends some rather 'extreme' sharpening in Photoshop - 250%, radius .3 and cant remember off the top of my head the last setting.  But it stuck out as unusual.

Anyway thanks for the reply - hopedfully I can shoot some test images tommorow and experiment.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up