Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glossy Paper for HP Z3100  (Read 2057 times)

felix5616

Glossy Paper for HP Z3100
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:03:02 pm »

I am looking for a glossy paper for my HP Z3100. I would like to hear from anyone that uses glossy paper on an HP Z3100 printer. I am interested in opinions of the surface quality, archival nature and color gamut.

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:44:45 pm »

I am looking for a glossy paper for my HP Z3100. I would like to hear from anyone that uses glossy paper on an HP Z3100 printer. I am interested in opinions of the surface quality, archival nature and color gamut.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=171626\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't comment on archival longevity, but Epson's premium glossy seems to work just fine on my Z3100. I had a bunch of this left over from my Epson 7600 and 2400, so I tried it out. The paper profiled perfectly well with the built-in spectro, and color gamut seems good enough. I mostly used it for a series of glossy black & white prints, so I didn't critically evaluate the color gamut. At least the price is right, and I don't see any roller marks. The surface is quite smooth and glossy, with just the slightest 'orange peel' visible in glancing reflections.

Harman FB AL gloss also looks pretty nice, but there are some roller marks on about half the prints I made, and to be honest I just don't like the surface. It's quite glossy with just enough fine 'sparkle' to be distracting.

I much prefer HP's professional satin paper over the above choices for most images. The surface texture is unobtrusive, and the satin finish is more appealing to my eye than a harsh gloss. It's definitely a matter of taste, however. You may want to get a few sample packs and see what you like best.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:57:01 pm »

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I haven't used a lot of it but I have used the HP Premium Instant-Dry Gloss Photo paper.  I'm not an afficianado of glossy papers.  I'm not actually big fan of RC papers but HP satins are my exception to that statement.

Anyway, the ID Gloss has good archival quality.  [a href=\"https://h41186.www4.hp.com/hpp/Data/supplies/datasheet/en/media_Premium_Instant-dry_Gloss_Photo_Paper_Q7990A_0.pdf?pageseq=89713]Click here.[/url]

From my perspective the gamut is quite good and looks good if you apply the GE.

For more info Click here
Regards,
Ron

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 06:06:39 pm »

I'm with Geoff on this one and corrently use HP Professional Satin for almost all of my glossy prints. I get outstanding gamut, transitions and detail on this paper.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.
Pages: [1]   Go Up