Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use Mac Pro as WINDOWS machine?  (Read 12224 times)

Andy M

• http://
Use Mac Pro as WINDOWS machine?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »

Like the BS in your posts?  

More seriously, both are good OSes and high end PCs are available too. I had a beautiful Aluminium case for my PC when Apple were still casing their kit is plastic.
Thinking one or the other is waaaaaay better than the other is just a bit fanboyish.
I have both here. There's not much in it. Quite literally in the case of a Mac Pro. I have a PC with 8 hard drives in it plus the OS drive + Swap drive. Getting that into a Mac is impossible. Before you mention external HDs I already have 12 ext large drives and I'd like to reduce clutter, not increase it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172092\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't comment on pc design, as I've never paid much attention - there seems to be so much choice that there are sure to be those which look awful, and those which look very nice.

My gripe is with Windows which, having used for 10 years+ in its different variations, I grew to truly hate.

For me, and I emphasise I'm talking about my experience only, neither XP nor Vista can hold a candle to the simplicity and ease of use of OS X. Since 'switching' approx 4 years ago, I won't be going back...

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 11:51:11 pm »

You might want to take a look at this:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=979

Basically, George is writing about the best *currently available* workstation.  Note that his pricing is based on ordering a fairly basic bersion from Apple, then  upgrading Memory and HD subsystems himself . . .

The computer by any standard is impressive and directly addresses performance bottlenecks that LR and PS suffer from - 8-cores,  a 1600MHZ Front Side Bus and Fully Buffered DDR2-800Mhz memory.

Seriously considering it myself, running Vista/64 . . .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:02:51 am by Joh.Murray »

hassiman

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 01:39:16 pm »

I am running a MacPro and will be installing WinXP-SP2 ONLY because I would like to print using Qimage... which is a Windows only app.  

I am just tryin to decide between VM Fusion workstation and Parallels.

I have heard that VM Fusion uses far less or your machine's resources than Parallels.

Anyone compared the 2?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:40:00 pm by hassiman »

cgeisler

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 12:55:19 am »

Here is another choice if you use Boot Camp in Leopard.

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

Amazon has it at a good price, $38.49

Carl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up