Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The new ALPA 12 MAX  (Read 28316 times)

j.miller

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:50:13 pm »

01/31/07 Sneak Peak of the new ALPA 12 MAX

Having been announced in the early part of December 2007 (see the following links at GetDPI and pixnoir), the ALPA 12 MAX has been highly anticipated given the success of the previous cameras in the ALPA 12 platform.

ALPA of Switzerland has release some additional details on this new camera model. Official details can be found at www.alpa.ch, including more detailed images as well as a downloadable PDF.

Here some preliminary details:

The ALPA 12 MAX is fully integrated into the ALPA 12 family of cameras: all models (TC, WA, SWA, METRIC, MAX, XY) use exactly the same lenses, back adapters, digital and roll-film backs, viewfinders, universal-shoe-adapters, macro adapters, ground-glasses, etc. It is usable both hand-held and on a tripod.

Measures:
Weight (body alone): around 1’000 g
Height: 206 mm
Width: 177 mm
Depth: 31 mm

Simultaneous vertical and horizontal shift movements:
shift upwards/rise: 25 mm
shift downwards/fall: 18 mm
vertical shift total: 43 mm
shift left: 18 mm
shift right: 18 mm
horizontal shift total: 36 mm

Features:
Shifting with fixed lens position is possible - only the back moves within the lens’ image circle. This is the basis for any high-end stitching. The two shifting sleds never go beyond the closed camera body’s frame and are guided on roller bearings throughout. The use of textile light sealing material is minimized in order to avoid the danger of dust and abrasion. The retail price of the ALPA 12 MAX (body alone) is going to be around USD 6’000.00 to 6’500.00. We are planning to show the prototype of the ALPA 12 MAX for the first time at the “Focus on Imaging” in Birmingham/UK (24 to 27 February 2008); stand Q26, “THE HUB”. Sales will start in spring 08.

New Products:
The ALPA 12 MAX accepts (like any other model of the ALPA 12 family of cameras):
- ALPA’s new ALPA 0° to 6° continuously adjustable tilt adapter. This new tilt adapter is usable with all lenses made by Schneider-Kreuznach of 80mm focal length and longer in their new “short barrel” versions - 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 210 and 250mm. In the search of maximum depth of field we also have got astonishing results with what we call “digital Scheimpflug”: www.heliconsoft.com
- ALPA’s new AFi/Hy6 back adapter (sales will start in spring 08)
- ALPA’s exclusive new 6x9 (56 x 83 mm) roll-film back adapter (sales will start in spring 08)

[attachment=4963:attachment]

I look forward for to more info and details as pre-production prototypes are viewed Focus on Imaging, and we get closer to this camera shipping.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:04:48 am by j.miller »

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:11:46 pm »

That's exactly what I've been waiting for!
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

jimgolden

• http://
The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 04:15:44 pm »

any ideas on pricing?

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:17:01 pm »

Jim,
it reads between $6000-$6500 USD body only!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:18:12 pm by rethmeier »
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

jimgolden

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:22:43 pm »

yikes! very interesting tho...

j.miller

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 10:00:12 am »

ALPA has been kind enough to post a number of high-res, detail shots of the newly announced ALPA 12 MAX camera.

Pictures of the pre-series ALPA 12 MAX

As most are aware, pre-production prototypes of the 12 MAX were on-hand at Focus on Imaging late last month. It appears the camera is on track to be available by late June!

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Quote from: JEM_DTG,Jan 31 2008, 04:50 PM
01/31/07 Sneak Peak of the new ALPA 12 MAX
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:00:16 am by j.miller »

jonstewart

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 10:22:31 am »

There's actually a PDF has been on Alpa's site since Feb with this information on it. It also has all the available lens specs on it too.

I never thought to mention it last month... sorry!
J
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

j.miller

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 11:06:29 am »

I am mainly referring to the photos in the link provided. These photos offer some details on the the ALPA 12 MAX not found in ALPA previous literature and nomenclature. Specifically some of the new features not found on other cameras from the ALPA 12 platfom. Zero shift position lock, back-shift tripod adapter, accessory attachments, integrated hand-grips, etc.

No to mention it helps to get an idea of scale and dimension, with accessories and lenses attached.

I would think this post has more interest for those members who were not fortunate enough to attend Focus on Imaging (myself included).

Regards,

Jordan Miller

There's actually a PDF has been on Alpa's site since Feb with this information on it. It also has all the available lens specs on it too.

I never thought to mention it last month... sorry!
J
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183481\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:00:04 am by j.miller »

jonstewart

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 12:17:29 pm »

Sorry Jordan,
I wasn't criticising you, more apologising that I hadn't posted when I found it.
And I do appreciate the photos!
J
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

j.miller

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 01:53:31 pm »

Jon, I certainly did not take offense to your comment, nor did I feel you were being critical. No worries! Cheers!

Jordan Miller

Sorry Jordan,
I wasn't criticising you, more apologising that I hadn't posted when I found it.
And I do appreciate the photos!
J
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183509\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:59:53 am by j.miller »

ChrisJR

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 10:36:57 am »

I had a chance to look at the Alpa 12 Max at Focus on Imaging and it's beautifully engineered. This was my first chance to see Alpa cameras in the flesh and they are engineered incredibly well. Especially loved the 12 SWA which I'm thinking about replacing my Hasselblad 503CW for.

narikin

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 02:00:13 pm »

I see a special back adapter announced here for Leaf - but what about Phase?
is there a good easy 'wake-up' system for those backs?

surely as the biggest player in the field, and market leader, Alpa would want to concentrate on this, and deliver products from the first opportunity, no?

jop

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 02:56:54 pm »

surely as the biggest player in the field, and market leader, Alpa would want to concentrate on this, and deliver products from the first opportunity, no?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

check this out - [a href=\"http://www.pixnoir.com]pixnoir[/url]

michael

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 04:30:34 pm »

All Alpa bodies have the same interchangeable lenses and backs.

Just get a Phase / your camera type adaptor plate and then choose how to sync. You can press the shutter twice within 5 seconds, use a two shot cable release, or a special Alpha release, or a Kapture group release.

Michael

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mort54

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 05:50:57 pm »

Alpa provides adapters for camera mounts, not for backs per se. For example, they offer adapters for a Mamiya AFD II mount, or a Contax mount, or a Hassy mount (and soon for the Hy6 mount). So if you have a Phase back with a Mamiya AFD II mount, or any other camera mount, you just use the corresponding camera mount adapter. So yes, any Phase with any of the supported camera mount adapters will fit on any Alpa body.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:56:42 pm by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

j.miller

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »

As Mort indicated, the back adapter is a rather simple component. A PhaseOne back is going to have one of a few common interfaces available today. (ie. Hasselblad H-Series mount, Hasselblad V-Series mount, Mamiya 645AFD mount, or Contax 645AF mount) It is a matter of using the correct adapter for the interface of your back.

ALPA does have a few elegant "wake-up" solutions for use with both PhaseOne backs. These consist of custom-designed, accessory handgrips that incorporate a "wake-up" trigger, and necessary cables which plugs into the multi-port of the PhaseOne back and PC-sync terminal of your lens. Here is a link to the accessory handgrips: link

This allows you to wake up the back, and shortly there after manually release the shutter of lens, which will then properly sync with your back, via the cable provided.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:59:29 am by j.miller »

yaya

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 08:00:58 pm »

Alpa provides adapters for camera mounts, not for backs per se. For example, they offer adapters for a Mamiya AFD II mount, or a Contax mount, or a Hassy mount (and soon for the Hy6 mount).

See ALPA AFi back adapter and ALPA AFi lens adapter

Seen and tested both, they work very well together

Yair

jmboss

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 02:34:39 am »

ALPA’s new ALPA 0° to 6° continuously adjustable tilt adapter. This new tilt adapter is usable with all lenses made by Schneider-Kreuznach of 80mm focal length and longer in their new “short barrel” versions - 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 210 and 250mm.

Jordan,

Any pictures available of Alpa's new Tilt Adapter?

Thank you.

Joe Bossuyt

PdF

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 03:46:31 am »

Jordan,

Any pictures available of Alpa's new Tilt Adapter?

Thank you.

Joe Bossuyt
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Look there :

[a href=\"http://www.alpa.ch/contactsheets/ALPA12MAX/]http://www.alpa.ch/contactsheets/ALPA12MAX/[/url]

PdF
PdF

Mort54

The new ALPA 12 MAX
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 03:58:08 am »

Does anybody know anything more about the Leica Multi-Viewfinder they show on some of their product photos? I've Googled it and come up blank. I presume it's a zoom finder, so I'm wondering what focal range it covers. Also, this viewfinder has two windows on the lens-facing side. Is one of them for a built-in meter? And finally, I'm wondering whether it's being sold new, or whether it's only available on the used market. Anybody have any details?

As for Alpa's new tilt mechanism, I've been searching for photos of it as well. It doesn't seem to show up in any of the images PdF pointed to.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:02:59 am by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up