Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simulating a warm filter: use WB, or other method?  (Read 2253 times)

pierisb

Simulating a warm filter: use WB, or other method?
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:30 pm »

I often prefer a warm cast in my pictures, especially portraits. To achieve this in LR I have been simply cheating with the white balance. But this does not allow me to apply the same amount of warming to a batch of pictures shot under a variety of color temperatures. What method do people generally use to warm up pictures in LR?

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:32:56 am »

But this does not allow me to apply the same amount of warming to a batch of pictures shot under a variety of color temperatures.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170719\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In Library module, switch to Grid View, select all the pictures you want  to warm up, and hit the arrow button of your choice in the temperature quick develop tab.

All images get the same increase in their T° : those at 5000 go to 5500 eg, and those at 7000 go to 7500.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

sniper

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:46:57 pm »

Yes the libary module works differently to the develop module, in develop any batch ajustment is identical to each image (ie 6000 k each), in libary it's relative, so it will ajust each image up 500k or whatever adding to the existing colour already there. Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up