Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Problems w/MBP  (Read 2342 times)

James R

Printing Problems w/MBP
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:07 am »

Using Mac Book Pro, 15", 4 MB RAM, using Leopard, and an Epson R2400 printer. I recently migrated to Mac from Dell and I'm having a difficult time printing from within LR.  As a matter of fact, I have to print from my PC, since attempts from within the Mac are unusable.  

I have checked out the LL videos on printing and attempted to follow their printing process.  Unfortunately, the screens they get are not the screen I get.  The same thing when watching a video on Photoshop Users TV, I notice the Epson print driver does not have "Print Settings" in the Layout drop down.  I do the basic things under Printer Features, but I cannot find Advance Color options.  The final print is washed out and prints in about 2 seconds (I had selected "best" print quality).  

Is there something about the Epson R2400 drivers or is it a Leopard thing? Or, I just don't know what I'm doing?  I got these results with the drivers within MBP; so, I downloaded Mac drivers from Epson, but got the same results.

Any help will be appreciated?

A lost Mac convert.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:18:08 am by James R »

francois

Printing Problems w/MBP
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:49:10 am »

Using Mac Book Pro, 15", 4 MB RAM, using Leopard, and an Epson R2400 printer. I recently migrated to Mac from Dell and I'm having a difficult time printing from within LR.  As a matter of fact, I have to print from my PC, since attempts from within the Mac are unusable.  

I have checked out the LL videos on printing and attempted to follow their printing process.  Unfortunately, the screens they get are not the screen I get.  The same thing when watching a video on Photoshop Users TV, I notice the Epson print driver does not have "Print Settings" in the Layout drop down.  I do the basic things under Printer Features, but I cannot find Advance Color options.  The final print is washed out and prints in about 2 seconds (I had selected "best" print quality). 

Is there something about the Epson R2400 drivers or is it a Leopard thing? Or, I just don't know what I'm doing?  I got these results with the drivers within MBP; so, I downloaded Mac drivers from Epson, but got the same results.

Any help will be appreciated?

A lost Mac convert.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170617\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
James,
I only have an old and dying 2200 on hand… The print dialogs are a bit different than the ones in Tiger (previous Mac OS X). Here's mine below. You must be sure to have the extended print dialog (click on the down blue arrow if not). Then select your printer and you should have "Print Settings", "Color management" "Paper Configuration" and "Page Layout Settings" menu item in the Layout pop-up menu. I don't know if the 2400 print dialog is different from mine.

Edit: you could also delete your printer from the Print & Fax ontrol panel (system preferences) and re-add it, making sure that you use Epson drivers and not generic gimp drivers…
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:52:42 am by francois »
Francois

James R

Printing Problems w/MBP
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:40:14 pm »

James,
I only have an old and dying 2200 on hand… The print dialogs are a bit different than the ones in Tiger (previous Mac OS X). Here's mine below. You must be sure to have the extended print dialog (click on the down blue arrow if not). Then select your printer and you should have "Print Settings", "Color management" "Paper Configuration" and "Page Layout Settings" menu item in the Layout pop-up menu. I don't know if the 2400 print dialog is different from mine.

Edit: you could also delete your printer from the Print & Fax ontrol panel (system preferences) and re-add it, making sure that you use Epson drivers and not generic gimp drivers…
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170630\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I deleted the printer and then added it back.  The problem is now solved.  Everything appears.

Thanks a lot.

francois

Printing Problems w/MBP
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 05:27:20 am »

I deleted the printer and then added it back.  The problem is now solved.  Everything appears.

Thanks a lot.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You're welcome.
Glad to hear that it works…

Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up