Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ca.30 format  (Read 1796 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
ca.30 format
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:11:13 am »

Hello all,

Quick question for you, has anyone ever heard of a format called ca. 30 ?

I have a potential client I am quoting, and when I asked them about what format the files would be in they said "The pictures will be ca. 30."

Has anyone heard of this? I have Googled and cannot find any reference to this, and I am reluctant to go back to the client and ask them what they mean and show them my ignorance.

I have put this question in the digital image forum pages as well, but I have never heard of that file format, but thinking perhaps some sort of technical term or abbreviation for large/medium format?

Please help, I need to give an intelligent answer back to him today.

thanks loads.

Regards,

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
ca.30 format
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:17:41 am »

hi,

I can only imagine that this person meant to say "about": "ca." is the German abbreviation for it (possibly also in English, not sure?).

ca. = circa (from the latin)

also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circa

that's the only explanation I can find. But "30" what?! That would then be the next question.

best regards,
Thierry

Hello all,

Quick question for you, has anyone ever heard of a format called ca. 30 ?

I have a potential client I am quoting, and when I asked them about what format the files would be in they said "The pictures will be ca. 30."

Has anyone heard of this? I have Googled and cannot find any reference to this, and I am reluctant to go back to the client and ask them what they mean and show them my ignorance.

I have put this question in the digital image forum pages as well, but I have never heard of that file format, but thinking perhaps some sort of technical term or abbreviation for large/medium format?

Please help, I need to give an intelligent answer back to him today.

thanks loads.

Regards,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170591\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:23:14 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
ca.30 format
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:42:06 am »

hi,

I can only imagine that this person meant to say "about": "ca." is the German abbreviation for it (possibly also in English, not sure?).

ca. = circa (from the latin)

also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circa

that's the only explanation I can find. But "30" what?! That would then be the next question.

best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep! That is spot on. I emailed him back yesterday and asked him what he meant and it was exactly that, there will be about 30 pictures to print.
Phew - thought I was going mad there for a minute.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up