Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR/PS on Leopard or XP Pro?  (Read 1500 times)

mklein

LR/PS on Leopard or XP Pro?
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:03:05 am »

I have a MacBook Pro 17 with Leopard and XP Pro running under Boot Camp.  I also have an Apple Cinema Display.  I want to purchase Lightroom and Photoshop CS3, but cannot decide which OS to use.  Are there any benefits of one OS vs the other (e.g., features, performance, ease-of-use)?

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
LR/PS on Leopard or XP Pro?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:46:44 am »

They should be the same, but it seems Adobe's products are designed on the Mac and then ported onto the PC and not always according to how PC progs work and some of the numerous issues/annoyances I've come across recently [with XP installs of Adobe stuff] seem to be down to this.
But Bridge seems to be flaky on both OSes if you look at the Adobe forums.  And as I am forced to use Bridge for some tasks to make up for LR's stupid deficiencies, you want to look at how bridge works too.

But there is an easy way out to your dilemma, install on both OSes using  30 day demos and then decide.

When it comes to file management, an important issue with images, I prefer XP as I loathe Finder and I can also use a programme called Directory Opus to do my file managing which sadly is not available on the Mac. Explorer is better than Finder, but DOpus is soo much better again. It's amazingly good.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up