Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baryta Papers  (Read 31039 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Baryta Papers
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 05:45:11 pm »

Mark
No need for shipping charges. I got my Ilford GFS at Downtown Camera on Queen St. The 50 sheet packs of 13x19 were 125 & 8x10 were 46. Seems like the loonie is starting to flex its muscle.  
Ken
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173093\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Even better than CCBC!
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

gunnar1

Baryta Papers
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2008, 12:53:46 am »

Any experience out there using the baryta papers in HPs with Vivera inks? Most of the posts in this thread deal with Epsons if a printer is mentioned at all. Considering that I use an HP, I am curious as to others experience.

Thanks, Pat

DarkPenguin

Baryta Papers
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2008, 01:12:53 am »

Check the Yahoo! Group on the B9180.  Some people have tried them.

I've only used the Harman.  Both the glossy and the matt.  They look wonderful.  But there can be some issues with the paper curling while going through the printer.  This can cause head strikes (or similar) around the edges.  Which isn't so great.

There are some suggestions for fixing this at the Yahoo! group.

neoprinter

Baryta Papers
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 03:11:47 am »

"Could someone suggest which of these papers has a surface most similiar to unglazed, air dried glossy fibre?"

Nigel, for the Claria dye ink printers, the Harman Gloss is very close.  For K3 printers, Innova Semi Matte.  However, the printed image on the Innova paper is glossier than the paper because of the gloss optimiser incorporated in the inks, which leads to dull-looking spots in specular highlights (not enough ink = not enough gloss optimiser).  Also, light blue areas bronze dichroically (reflect red), which is an annoying bronzing problem with the light cyan ink, maybe cyan too.

The Innova Semi Matte/K3 combo works best for black and white prints, using Epson's Advanced B&W.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up