Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Costco's Kirkland Signature A4 Paper?  (Read 5216 times)

Andy M

• http://
Costco's Kirkland Signature A4 Paper?
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:50 am »

While at Costco I noticed they were selling 255g/m2 Kirkland Signature A4 Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper (150 sheets) for the bargain price of approx £12.

According to SWPP this paper may well be a re-badged Ilford product, and their opinion is that "This is a fantastic paper at the price; it will stand alongside the best on the market."

Is anybody else using this paper? If so, do you mind me asking which profile you've used to achieve best results?

mfranzoia

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:43:49 am »

Hi,

Yes, I use this paper to proof for my larger prints with my epson 3800.  I have compared this paper, print for print against the epson PGPP.  In fact I use the Epson profile, PGPP. The results are this, both papers print Exactly the same.  Print for print they are the same.  I believe the  Kirkland brand is repackaged Epson paper.  I have both papers and I swear you can not tell the difference.  Same profile, same colors , Same print.  You can not tell them apart.  It works for me.  It is all that I use now.  I still have some 8x10 Epson paper left in the original packets.

Run your own tests, you will see.  Use the Epson PGPP profile.  Save your self some money, and good luck!

Mike

While at Costco I noticed they were selling 255g/m2 Kirkland Signature A4 Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper (150 sheets) for the bargain price of approx £12.

According to SWPP this paper may well be a re-badged Ilford product, and their opinion is that "This is a fantastic paper at the price; it will stand alongside the best on the market."

Is anybody else using this paper? If so, do you mind me asking which profile you've used to achieve best results?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170251\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Let Biogons be Biogons

• http://
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:57:04 am »

It is possible that the paper sold by Costco in the UK is different than the one sold in the US.  The last box if the Costco Kirkland glossy paper I bought in the US, says that it was  "Made in U.S.A.".    It is also 255g/m2.  Where is the paper they sell in the UK made?

I can confirm, however, that the US Costco glossy paper is indeed an amazing bargain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up