Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiled printing from Lightroom on Leopard  (Read 2764 times)

Doyle Yoder

Profiled printing from Lightroom on Leopard
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:42:48 pm »

Check this thread out.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?7@@.3c05eae6/0

Works for me with the Canon iPF drivers.

Doyle

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:23:51 pm »

You just can't softproof in Lightroom so why bother.  You're printing in the dark so to speak.  

I know people, Jeff Schewe for example, who print from Lightroom but he softproofs in CS3 then back to Lightroom.  Sounds like a kludgy workflow but it works for Jeff.
Regards,
Ron

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:30:21 pm »

Just proves that LR needs to be fixed. At least the whole color management thing.

I am coming to the conclusion that be it a bug, just poor programming, or intentional without documenting it, LR is dependent on color management of the OS. In a way I might add no other application does.

Doyle

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 09:51:01 pm »

Lack of softproofing in Lightroom is something that the entire Lightroom team is aware of and plan to provide.  We just don't know when.  It is possible that they could build a softproofing facility that is much, much better than what exists in Photoshop today.

Lightroom is elegant in so many ways that its easy to forget its a version 1x product.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 09:54:53 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

duraace

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:27 pm »

I would be very surprised if in the next version of LR, softproofing wasn't supported.  I believe it will be added to the Development module, where you can toggle it on and off, thus affecting the preview.  With the preview in softproof mode, any other adjustments would be reflected in the softproofed preview.  What you see is what you get, so to speak.  As an added bonus, they could provide side by side viewing of the image with and without softproof, and maybe a click to make the softproof look as close to the non-softproofed image as possible.  This is what I think will be in the next version of LR.  You heard it here first.  :-)  AND ... and color printing problems will finally be fixed too, or else the softproof feature will be a waste.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:14:22 pm by duraace »

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:05:43 pm »

I've got my fingers crossed.  
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up