Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 Maintenance Cartridge  (Read 5443 times)

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
Epson 3800 Maintenance Cartridge
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:38:56 am »

I have just unpacked my new Epson 3800C and installed drivers.  Browsing through the print dialogs the status monitor indicates that the Maintenace Cartridge is at 64%. I assume this means 64% full which i find odd.  I gather the maintenance cartridge is like a sump for excess ink.  If so, why would it show 64% full for a brand spanking new printer?

Cheers
Rodney
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:39:55 am by evonzz »

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:10:38 am »

I have just found the answer here - all seems normal.....

Eric Chan's 3800 pages

Thanks

duraace

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:57:16 pm »

Just a word of advice being that you're a new 3800 owner.  While it's a fantastic printer, I love mine, you should be aware that you should only ever use the manual front loader for really think paper.  I made the mistake of using paper like Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl in the front tray, which resulted in the paper getting caught as it was coming out and jamming.  Not only ruined a few sheets of paper learning the hard way, but ran the risk of damaging the print head as I tried to remove the paper while it continued to try and print.  The correct way to remove paper which has jammed or is in the process of jamming, is to press the power switch to turn the printer off.  The print head will park, allowing you to safely remove the paper.  I can't imagine ever having to use the front tray, as the paper would be more like a board (stiff and flat).  I mainly use the manual rear tray with single sheets, but you have to gently push the top edge of the paper down into the printer and hold it lightly until the printer grabs it.  Then it's ready to print.  Hope this helps.

01af

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:53:47 am »

> I assume this means 64% full ...

No, it means there is 64 % of the cartridge's capacity left.

-- Olaf

pflower

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 03:52:05 pm »

> I assume this means 64% full ...

No, it means there is 64 % of the cartridge's capacity left.

-- Olaf
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170260\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But if it is of any consolation it took me a further year of constant printing (well alright I took a month off over the summer) before I had to change to a new one.

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 06:18:03 am »

thanks for the replies and warning about front loader.  i can't imagine I'l lbe using it in the near term.
Pages: [1]   Go Up