Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2200 with Epson Exhibition Fiber?  (Read 9684 times)

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
Epson 2200 with Epson Exhibition Fiber?
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:08:44 pm »

I searched the Epson site for papers compatible with the 2200. Exhibition Fiber wasn't listed. I emailed them, asking why. They responded that it was a drying time issue with the 2200's Ultrachrome inks. I'm not interested in volume print runs, so longer drying time doesn't matter to me, but it might be more problematic than that.

If anyone here has tried Exhibition Fiber on the 2200, what were your results?

dmward

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:33:27 pm »

I searched the Epson site for papers compatible with the 2200. Exhibition Fiber wasn't listed. I emailed them, asking why. They responded that it was a drying time issue with the 2200's Ultrachrome inks. I'm not interested in volume print runs, so longer drying time doesn't matter to me, but it might be more problematic than that.

If anyone here has tried Exhibition Fiber on the 2200, what were your results?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169786\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ken,
I have done some testing with EEF on a 220 and it seems to be fine.

I suspect that Epson's comment about drying time was, as you suspect, related to multiple prints into the output tray.

I can see nothing that would keep me from using the paper.

David

mmurph

• http://
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:50:45 pm »

I printed on the 7600, no problem. Basically the same printer and inks.

I used the Bill Atkinson Premium Luster profile for my first tests. It was pretty decent and very neutral.

Maybe they mean the ink drying time between passes of the head? We can adjust that on the 7600 and 7880.

Best,
Michael

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:13:37 pm »

I see no reason why you can't use this paper. You'd pick Luster media settings but for a profile, well you're on your own. I did build a profile for Epson for their 2400. As such, other than a lack of a canned profile, I see no reason why you can't use it.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Peter Frahm

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 01:35:33 am »

Track down a 2200 profile for Innova Ultra Smooth Glossy and try that with the EEF. It should be close enough to work with..I'm not sure that profile exists in a canned form, look around at the Innova or Shades of Paper websites, Booksmart Studio too.

If you can't find that, then try a 2200 profile for the original Innova Fiber Gloss. Try the same places.

Similar to what Michael suggested, you could always try the Premium Luster canned profile that you probably already have. You're going to experience more gloss differential with one less grey than the K3, so you might want to spray your prints.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 01:36:55 am by Peter Frahm »

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:22 pm »

Great! Thank you, everyone, for your very helpful feedback. I have the Innova profile. Now I'll get some paper and give it a shot.

David J. Bookbinder

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 09:20:53 am »

Reviving an old thread, here. I tried the Innova Ultra Smooth profile with Epson Exhibition Fiber and while for some images it seems fine, there does seem to be a slight blue-green cast. Has anyone here figured out a very neutral solution to printing with this paper on the 2200? Or, long-term, run into any issues? I like this paper and want to try it for my next show.

Thanks,
David

Richowens

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 02:01:57 pm »

I used the Ilford GFS profile for the 2200 and it worked well. Almost perfect screen match.

The Innova Fibaprint Glossy profile produced slightly dark results but acceptable, colors were good.

I had to reduce ink limits to -7% on my printer as I was getting a little bit of pooling with both profiles.

HTH

Rich

David J. Bookbinder

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 02:10:21 pm »

What paper type did you use? I've been trying Luster, wonder if something else would be a better match.

Thanks,
David

Richowens

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 02:28:31 pm »

David,

Premium Luster

Rich

David J. Bookbinder

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 03:01:29 pm »

Thanks for the pointer. I tried the Ilford profile, and it is very close to the results I get with Ilford papers, but a little more green than the actual image. I'll experiment with reducing the ink coverage when using the Innova profile, as it's actually a bit closer to the colors of the image.

Thanks, all, for your help.

- David
Pages: [1]   Go Up