Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APS and MAC OS 10.5 aka Leopard  (Read 1405 times)

AImagery

APS and MAC OS 10.5 aka Leopard
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:12:47 pm »

After installing MAC OS 10.5 (Leopard)on my computer, APS stopped working.

It was (and still) no warning on HP website about Leopart incompatibility issue.  

Does anybody know when Leopard friendly version of APS will be available?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:14:51 pm by AImagery »

Edhopkins

APS and MAC OS 10.5 aka Leopard
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:13:36 pm »

I am maintaining a page in the Wiki on running the z3100 ps GP the mac--and it explains that APS WILL not work under leopard.

See:

http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/Z3100ps+GP++MAC+OS

I hope anyone who finds out when APS is modified for Leopard modifies this Wiki page.  (Generally, IMO,  all of these Wiki pages are a very good supplement to the great help you can find here in Luminous Landscape forums.)

FYI: I got estimates from HP From a couple of weeks to a couple of months.  I don't think anyone has a clue. Also the HP web sites don't SAY that the drivers work on Leopard. They only say the drivers work on up to 10.4. Apparently they do work on Leopard.

I am not going to upgrade until I can move everything over.  (One user has Tiger OS 10.4 on his system with Leopard and he reboots from Tiger, runs APS and then reboots from Leopard and copies his profile information over into the correct folders. Too messy for me--but it can be done.)

Sign up for the Wiki so you are notified when someone finds out about the APS working under Leopard and records it there.

Good luck. Let me know if I can be of any help...

ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up