Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batching in Lightroom?  (Read 2300 times)

Snook

Batching in Lightroom?
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:32:22 pm »

Hey sorry for the maybe stupid question but I am a newbie to Lightroom and liking it so far.
But How do I apply settings "presets" to a whole folder of images or selection of images.
Thanks for any help.. or Link.
I have checked put about all the sites for Lightroom but have not seen anything touching that subject really
Thank you
Snook

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Batching in Lightroom?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:35:41 pm »

Here's one way.  

Make the change you want - ie apply the preset to an image.  From the Develop view, select the images you want by clicking on a range from the filmstrip on the bottom (or, edit,  Select All works).  Make sure the right panel is open and once you select a range of images, you will see a "sync" button on the bottom right, click that and you can select which settings to apply across the range selected.

You can do something similar from Library, but you need to be in the grid view.

Snook

Batching in Lightroom?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:38:02 pm »

Here's one way. 

Make the change you want - ie apply the preset to an image.  From the Develop view, select the images you want by clicking on a range from the filmstrip on the bottom (or, edit,  Select All works).  Make sure the right panel is open and once you select a range of images, you will see a "sync" button on the bottom right, click that and you can select which settings to apply across the range selected.

You can do something similar from Library, but you need to be in the grid view.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks a lot tim will give it a try..:+}
Snook

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Batching in Lightroom?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:24:05 am »

In Library, select the thumbnails in the grid view, and go to Quick Develop in the right panel. Then pick the preset you want to apply.

Another method is to select the items and then go to Develop. Cmd click (Win Ctrl click) the Sync button so it changes to Auto Sync. Then pick your preset from the left panel.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up